Iraq: Maliki forces block food delivery to Camp Liberty Iranians
- Published on Friday, 22 August 2014 21:59
The Iranian Resistance calls on U.S. and U.N. to take urgent measures to revoke inhumane blockade of Camp Liberty and to provide safety and security for the residents
NCRI - The Government of Iraq is escalating its inhumane and repressive measures against Iranian refugees in Camp Liberty .
1. The Iraqi forces of Nouri al-Maliki stationed at Camp Liberty on Monday (August 20) intensified their criminal policy of blockading the entry of basic necessities of the camp's residents.
In addition to blocking the entry of fuel and black-water tankers, the forces prevented the vehicles supplying food stuff and medicine from entry the camp that houses Iranian refugees.
The escalation of repressive measures and implementing the orders of the religious dictatorship ruling Iran are taking place after the latest visit to Iraq by Ali Shamkhani, Iran’s Secretary of Supreme National Security Council, and Qassim Suleimani, the head of the terrorist Quds Force, during which they met with Maliki and his national security advisor Faleh Fayyaz.
2. Thursday (August 21), is the ninth day in a row that the Government of Iraq has been preventing entry of fuel into Camp Liberty, leaving the residents with severe shortages of fuel and electricity that has caused a very serious lack of basic services in the camp in hot weather conditions reaching 50c degrees.
3. For five days now, the Iraqi forces have been preventing entry of black-water tankers that have been rented by the residents. This has caused a hygiene crisis in the camp which lacks adequate infrastructure facilities.
4. On Wednesday, August 20, the Iraqi forces prevented a cancer patient from going to hospital in Baghdad for radiotherapy. On the same day, by causing delays and obstructing the transfer of other patients, they prevented the patients from attending their medical appointments; therefore they returned to Liberty without receiving any treatment.
During recent weeks and under various pretexts, the GOI has prevented acute and emergency patients from going to hospital. This amounts to physical torture for the patients and psychological torture for all the residents. To date, the inhumane medical siege has caused the deaths of 20 residents.
On 26 July, the Iranian Resistance declared that in a meeting in Iraq, Shamkhani and Qassim Suleimani instructed Iraqi officials, Maliki and his National Security Advisor, to make the situation for the camp's residents more insecure and more intolerable.
In the light of the commitments repeatedly made by the US and the UN regarding the safety and security of Camp Liberty residents, the Iranian Resistance calls for their immediate intervention to end this increasingly cruel security and humanitarian blocked against Camp Liberty and to not allow another human tragey to take place.
The Iranian Resistance also urged them to secure the entry of fuel, food and medicine and also black-water tankers to Camp Liberty as soon as possible.
Secretariat of the National Council of Resistance of Iran
August 21, 2014