Last update 11:56:33 AM


NCRI Iran News

Prosecutors in Dubai have charged six Iranians with kidnapping a British-Iranian businessman who went missing in the emirate last year, the government said on Thursday, Reuters reported.

Authorities said in January they had detained three Iranians suspected of being part of a group that had kidnapped Abbas Yazdi, a businessman who owns a general trading company in the Gulf Arab emirate and who disappeared last June.

Yazdi's wife, Atena, has told media in the United Arab Emirates (UAE), a federal state comprising seven emirates including Dubai, that she feared he might have been kidnapped by Iranian intelligence officers.

The suspects confessed they had attacked and drugged Yazdi and were able to smuggle him out of the country through a sea port, the government said in a statement. It did not elaborate on Yazdi, whose whereabouts remain unknown.

Three Iranians have been detained and three others remain at large, the statement cited Dubai Attorney-General Essam al-Humaidan as saying. They were charged with kidnapping, forced robbery, attacking Yazdi and endangering his life.

Leave your comments

Post comment as a guest

0 / 300 Character restriction
Your text should be in between 10-300 characters
Your comments are subjected to administrator's moderation.
terms and condition.
  • No comments found

Iran News In Brief

IranFreedom TV - Live broadcast

Live broadcast will begin at 2pm European time

Iran Freedom Rally 2015

Iran Freedom Rally 2015 - a glimpse

 

 

 

Latest News

Experts express serious doubts about Iran nuclear deal

July 01, 2015

IRAN: Full transparency needed in any nuclear deal

July 01, 2015

Appeasing the ayatollahs and suppressing democracy

June 30, 2015
 Rep. Ed Royce, Chairman of the House Foreign Affairs Committee, speaking on FOX NEWS

US Congress sends warning to Obama on Iran nuclear deal - FOX NEWS

June 30, 2015

NCRi on Twitter