Last update 11:56:33 AM


NCRI Iran News

The regime in Iran warns of plans to further clamp down on women and youth on the pretext of having ‘norm-breaking behavior.’

The Iranian regime's Deputy Chief of Police, Brigadier-General Ahmad-Reza Radan, announced on Tuesday the plans to implement far stricter ‘moral security plan’ to suppress women and youth.

He said in an interview that, “some have felt that something has changed and on their websites they have been publishing some false news and quotations. They will see that the police is on the job”.

Meanwhile, the Deputy Commander of the State Security Forces has announced that millions of official warnings they’ve handed out to those who he called as 'norm-breakers'.

Speaking in a meeting with state representatives from various state institutions on women dress code Montazer Almehdi said: "last year, written commitments were obtained from 207,053 persons. Furthermore, 18,081 were referred to judicial authorities”.

He also announced that up to 2,917,000 people had been officially warned for breaking the norms.

plan was introduced as a measure to control the populace in 2007.

The plan gave the regime the pretext of arresting people based on ‘bad and inappropriate veiling’.

Iran News In Brief

Maryam Rajavi’s Remarks in US Congress Hearing, 29 April 2015

 

Live Q&A with Amb. Giulio Terzi

Latest News

Norway: Iranians call for lifting siege on Camp Liberty

May 25, 2015

Iran: More prisoners facing imminent execution

May 24, 2015

IRAN: Deputy Foreign Minister denies agreement on military site inspection

May 24, 2015

French public back military intervention in Syria

May 24, 2015

NCRi on Twitter