- Nader Tavakoli, deputy head of the National Coronavirus Combat Taskforce (NCCT) in Tehran: The number of COVID_19 deaths is still high and will continue to increase. We have 9,350 patients hospitalized in emergency and special Care wards. (ISNA news agency, August 29, 2021)
- In Tehran last week, we had a 5.5 percent increase in COVID-19 positive outpatient cases and a 7.5 percent increase in deaths. (ISNA, August 29, 2021)
- Isfahan and Kashan Medical Universities: There are 4,367 COVID-19 patients in the Province hospitals, 585 in ICU. Sixty-six died in the past 24 hours. (IMNA news agency, August 29, 2021)
- Ahvaz University of Medical Sciences: In Ahvaz Oil Hospital, the library and prayer hall has also been allocated to COVID-19 patients.
- Vice-Chancellor of Shiraz University of Medical Sciences: The number of COVID-19 hospitalizations reached 4,593, and 36 patients lost their lives in the past 24 hours. (ISNA, August 29, 2021)
- Official Coronavirus statistics, which are confidential and inaccessible by health authorities, are several times less than the actual figures. (State-run daily, Hamdely, August 29, 2021)
The People’s Mojahedin Organization of Iran (PMOI/MEK) announced on Sunday, August 29, 2021, that the Coronavirus death toll in 547 cities across Iran had exceeded 392,900. The number of victims in Tehran has reached 92,296, Khorasan Razavi 28,735, Isfahan 25,920, Khuzestan 24,166, Mazandaran 15,250, East Azerbaijan 14,168, Fars 13,962, West Azerbaijan 13,778, Lorestan 13,750, Gilan 13,465, Alborz 11,443, Kerman 10,188, Golestan 9,375, Kermanshah 6,903, Kurdistan 6,182, Hormozgan 6,815, Yazd 6,777, North Khorasan 5,164, Ardabil 4,895, Bushehr 4,504, Zanjan 3,950, Ilam 3,883, South Khorasan 3,581, and Kohgiluyeh and Boyer-Ahmad 2,919.
Secretariat of the National Council of Resistance of Iran (NCRI)
August 29, 2021