Yesterday’s death toll exceeded 2,200 for the first time August death toll above 41,000
- Regime’s Health Ministry: Last week, the number of COVID-19 positive patients admitted to hospitals increased by 5%, and the death toll in hospitals increased by 12.5%, in comparison to the week before.
- Based on official figures, the number of victims of Coronavirus has reached 245,000 by August 20. (State-run website, Nasim Online, August 23, 2021)
- Mashhad University of Medical Sciences: Currently, 670 COVID-19 patients are being treated in ICU, and this number is increasing. (State Radio and TV news agency, August 23, 2021)
- Dezful University of Medical Sciences: The COVID-19 situation in Dezful is critical, and the number of patients is very high. Ganjavian Hospital is full, and patients are waiting in the queue. (ISNA news agency, August 23, 2021)
- Qom University of Medical Sciences: We have a thousand COVID-19 patients, and we must think about how to accommodate more patients every night. Most of those infected had not been vaccinated. (Mehr news agency, August 23, 2021)
The People’s Mojahedin Organization of Iran (PMOI/MEK) announced on Monday, August 23, 2021, that the Coronavirus death toll in 547 cities had exceeded 380,500. The number of victims in Tehran has reached 89,496, Khorasan Razavi 26,285, Isfahan 25,240, Khuzestan 23,486, Mazandaran 14,785, East Azerbaijan 13,953, Lorestan 13,550, Fars 13,432, West Azerbaijan 13,403, Gilan 12,835, Sistan and Baluchestan 11,340, Alborz 11,118, Qom 10,805, Kerman 9,798, Golestan 9,115, Hamedan 7,538,Central Province 7,363, Kermanshah 6,758, Yazd 6,613, Hormozgan 6,580, Kurdistan 6,072, Ardabil 4,675, Bushehr 4,364, South Khorasan 3,481, Chaharmahal and Bakhtiari 3,010, and Kohgiluyeh and Boyer-Ahmad 2,859.
Secretariat of the National Council of Resistance of Iran (NCRI)
August 23, 2021