- Alireza Zali, head of the National Coronavirus Combat Taskforce (NCCT) in Tehran: Currently, 56 COVID-19 patients with black fungus are hospitalized in Loghman, Amir Alam, Rasoul Akram, and Khomeini hospitals in Tehran. (Mehr news agency, September 24, 2021)
- Head of Amin Hospital in Isfahan: We have not yet vacated any beds for non-COVID-19 patients. Coronavirus patients still occupy all hospital beds. (IMNA news agency, September 24, 2021)
- East Azerbaijan is one of the five provinces with red COVID-19 status and very hazardous cities. Tabriz is still red. (Mehr, September 24, 2021)
- Ahvaz Medical University: The COVID-19 situation is fragile. Vaccination should reach 80% by November, while it is now 27%. (ISNA news agency, September 24, 2021)
- Covid-19 vaccination seems to take between 7 and 10 months before being completed, making it impossible to get out of the pandemic. (State-run media, Jahan-e Sana’t, September 23, 2021)
The People’s Mojahedin Organization of Iran (PMOI/MEK) announced on Friday, September 24, 2021, that the Coronavirus death toll in 547 cities had exceeded 437,400. The number of victims in Tehran has reached 102,656, Khorasan Razavi 35,825, Isfahan 29,070, Khuzestan 26,786, Mazandaran 16,445, Fars 15,679, West Azerbaijan 15,533, East Azerbaijan 15,433, Gilan 15,265, Alborz 12,813, Qom 12,005, Kerman 11,607, Central Province 7,988, Kermanshah 7,764, Hormozgan 7,460, Yazd 7,268, Semnan 6,040, North Khorasan 5,654, Ardabil 5,515, Qazvin 4,819, and South Khorasan 3,831.
Secretariat of the National Council of Resistance of Iran (NCRI)
September 24, 2021