• The Scientific Committee of the National Coronavirus Combat Taskforce (NCCT): There is a severe threat of a new COVID-19 outbreak. The Omicron variant is currently spreading in our country. (State-run media, Salamat news, December 22, 2021)
• The regime’s Deputy Health Minister: 1,800 suspected cases of Omicron variant have been reported in the country. Seven cases of Omicron have been identified in Tehran and one in Mashhad. (Mehr news agency, December 22, 2021)
• In West Azerbaijan, 102 people were infected with Coronavirus in the past 24 hours. There are 434 Coronavirus patients hospitalized in the Province, 136 in ICU. (State Radio and TV news agency, December 22, 2021)
• Ilam Medical University: COVID-19 statistics have been increasing over the past few days; in the past ten days, the number of COVID-19 patients under 12 has increased. (Mehr, December 22, 2021)
• A passenger infected with the Omicron variant entered the country without control and traveled to Tehran. He tested positive at the Pasteur Institute in Tehran.
The People’s Mojahedin Organization of Iran (PMOI/MEK) announced on Wednesday, December 22, 2021, that the COVID-19 death toll in 547 cities has surpassed 491,100. In Tehran, the death toll has reached 114,950, Khorasan Razavi 39,705, Isfahan 33,840, Khuzestan 29,710, Fars 18,495, Mazandaran 17,860, East Azerbaijan 16,933, Kerman 13,197, Yazd 8,103, Kurdistan 8,092, and Ardabil 6,210.
Secretariat of the National Council of Resistance of Iran (NCRI)
December 22, 2021