Iran: Slogans of “Death to the Dictator”, “Death to Khamenei” and Burning Khamenei's Images in Various Cities
Iran Uprising -No. 78
On February 11, brave youths in Tehran rallied around the City Theater and the Vali-e Asr intersection in Tehran chanting “Death to the Dictator”, and clashed with the suppressive forces. In Mellat Park in Mashhad too, people clashed with the IRGC forces. Also, in many other cities, people expressed their anger and disgust against the religious fascism ruling Iran.
In Tehran's Azadi Square, some people who were threatened that they would be arrested or dismissed from their jobs if they did not participate in the state rally on the occasion of anniversary of anti-monarchy revolution on February 11, booed and hissed during the speech of Rouhani and chanted slogan "liar, liar", and ridiculed his empty promises by chanting "It’s a lie, it’s a lie."
At the Mellat Park Metro Station in Mashhad, a group of people chanted the slogan "Death to the dictator." Repressive forces arrested five people, including two women. By using shocker and pepper spray the repressive forces prevented people from approaching the detainees.
1. At one of Tehran Metro stations, a brave young man who chanted slogans of ‘death to the dictator’ and ‘death on Khamenei’ was attacked by a Basiji. The attacker, identified by the people, is one of the government agents named Ali Mousavi, whose address and specifications were posted by the people on social networks.
2. The youth in Shahsavar (Tonekabon) burned a large banner of Khamenei in the Shohada square.
3. In Baneh, the brave young people burned a regime's banner which had Khamenei's photo on it.
4. In Kashani Street, Shahr Kord, a regime intelligence agent was punished for identifying and arresting the youth who participate in demonstrations. He was taken to the hospital by the police.
5. In many cities, including Tehran, Mashhad, Qom, Ahwaz, Uramanat and ..., the youth have written the slogans of ‘death to Khamenei’, ‘death to the dictator’, and ‘to die or to live in freedom’ on the walls of the Basij centers or other parts of the city.
6. The burning of a Peugeot 206 car belonging to the Ahwaz Intelligence Office is among the activities of the courageous young people of Ahwaz in recent days.
Secretariat of the National Council of Resistance of Iran
February 13, 2018