- Iraj Harirchi, regime’s deputy Health Minister: We would not have had such a situation if we had vaccinations. COVID-19 infection and death toll will continue to rise exponentially. (IRNA news agency, August 10, 2021)
- Head of Chamran Hospital: We are helpless! Our last effort was to turn the hospital mosque and dining hall into a Coronavirus ward. (State TV, August 9, 2021)
- Mashhad Governor: The rise in disastrous COVID-19 death toll has led to a shortage of coffins and ambulances in the cities. (Fars news agency, August 10, 2021)
- Lorestan University of Medical Sciences: All hospitals, even emergency rooms, are full, and we do not have any empty beds for COVID-19 patients. We have a patient with 86% lung infection and up to 80% dependency on oxygen, but there are no beds to allocate to him. (Mehr news agency, August 10, 2021)
- Governor of Gonbad Kavus: At present, hospitals are full, and new patients are admitted in the corridors of hospitals. (ISNA news agency, August 10, 2021)
The People’s Mojahedin Organization of Iran (PMOI/MEK) announced on Tuesday, August 10, 2021, that the Coronavirus fatalities in 547 cities had exceeded 355,600. The number of victims in Tehran has reached 83,446, Isfahan 23,980, Khuzestan 22,456, Khorasan Razavi 21,785, Mazandaran 13,780, Lorestan 13,170, West Azerbaijan 12,808, Fars 12,312, Gilan 11,555, Sistan and Baluchestan 10,445, Alborz 10,413, Kerman 8,913, Golestan 8,400, Kermanshah 6,533, Yazd 6,218, Hormozgan 6,140, North Khorasan 4,864, Ardabil 4,315, Bushehr 4,109, Qazvin 4,009, Ilam 3,623, South Khorasan 3,301, and Chaharmahal and Bakhtiari 2,870.
Secretariat of the National Council of Resistance of Iran (NCRI)
August 10, 2021