- Eight provinces of Gilan, Isfahan, North Khorasan, Hamedan, Khorasan Razavi, Chaharmahal and Bakhtiari, Kermanshah, and Qom are facing severe oxygen shortages. (State-run daily, Hamshahri, August 30, 2021)
- Head of a hospital in Ahvaz: The number of COVID-19 patients referred to the hospital has increased more than 15 times since the beginning of last month. (ISNA news agency, August 30, 2021)
- Hamadan’s Sina Hospital’s announcement: The hospital is full. We ask (patients) please do not refer to the hospital for hospitalization anymore. We do not have any more capacity. (ISNA, August 30, 2021)
- President of West Azerbaijan University of Medical Sciences: The number of COVID-19 patients is 2,099, which is 2.5 times more than at the beginning of summer and 1,500 more than June 22, 2021. In the past 24 hours, 33 people have died to COVID-19.
- Kermanshah University of Medical Sciences: The daily COVID-19 death rate in the last week of August is twice more than the previous month and six times more than the month before. (ISNA, August 30, 2021)
The People’s Mojahedin Organization of Iran (PMOI/MEK) announced on Monday, August 30, 2021, that the Coronavirus death toll in 547 cities exceeds 394,900. The number of victims in Tehran has reached 92,746, Khorasan Razavi 29,085, Isfahan 26,050, Khuzestan 24,286, Mazandaran 15,330, East Azerbaijan 14,198, Fars 14,017, West Azerbaijan 13,843, Gilan 13,555, Sistan and Baluchestan 11,715, Alborz 11,493, Qom 11,075, Kerman 10,238, Golestan 9,410, Hamedan 7,698, Central Province 7,503, Kermanshah 6,938, Hormozgan 6,845, Yazd 6,808, North Khorasan 5,194, Ardabil 4,925, Qazvin 4,359, and Chaharmahal and Bakhtiari 3,100.
While Coronavirus is taking more lives every day, the clerical regime is not taking any effective actions to restraint it. Khamenei prevented vaccines entry from the U.S. and the EU, did not offer compensations to the laborers and the poor, and refused a temporary lockdown of the cities. The regime also refused to pay the medical staff who deal with the Coronavirus in the most challenging conditions. Therefore, Khamenei is the prime culprit for the death of nearly 400,000 people due to Coronavirus, most of which were preventable.
Secretariat of the National Council of Resistance of Iran (NCRI)
August 30, 2021