• Hassan Rouhani: Today, we are in a critical Coronavirus situation, and the number of infected is going to increase. The elections and the related parties they gave did not fit into any health protocols.
• Alireza Zali, head of the National Coronavirus Combat Taskforce (NCCT) in Tehran: The COVID-19 infection in Tehran province has increased compared to last week. We are facing a wave of people referring to medical centers. (Aftab media outlet, July 3, 2021)
• Governor of Sistan and Baluchestan Province: For more than a week, the daily number of COVID-19 patients is more than 1,200, and the deaths are equal to that of Pakistan, with a population of 220 million. (State TV and Radio news agency, July 3, 2021)
• Alireza Reisi, the spokesperson for NCCT: The Indian COVID-19 variant or Delta virus has spread throughout the country. It has a high transmission rate and increases the number of infections and hospitalizations. (IRNA news agency, July 3, 2021)
• Infectious Diseases Specialist: The fifth COVID-19 outbreak has begun, and in the coming days, almost all of Iran will be in a red situation, and we will face a shortage of hospital beds. (IRNA, July 3, 2021)
• Mrs. Maryam Rajavi, the President-elect of the National Council of Resistance of Iran (NCRI), repeated her condolences on the staggering COVID-19 death toll in Sistan and Baluchestan and called for nationwide support for the victims. She emphasized that Khamenei had not given up on the strategy of mass human casualties to prevent the uprising. Otherwise, most of the fatalities could have been prevented. Transportation and rallies and the forced queuing of people outside polling stations during the election masquerade were clear examples of the violation of all COVID-19 preventive health protocols. The crime the regime leaders have committed, causing large-scale human casualties, is a crime against humanity.
The People’s Mojahedin Organization of Iran (PMOI/MEK) announced on Saturday, July 3, 2021, that the Coronavirus death toll in 547 cities is more than 321,900. The number of victims in Tehran was 75,296, Isfahan 21,750, Khuzestan 20,396, Khorasan Razavi 19,605, East Azerbaijan 13,098, Mazandaran 12,600, Fars 10,827, Gilan 10,641, Sistan and Baluchistan 7,886, Golestan 7,620, Kerman 7,418, Central Province 6,638, Hormozgan 4,825, North Khorasan 4,548, Zanjan 3,490, and Kohgiluyeh and Boyer-Ahmad 2,509.
Hassan Rouhani at the NCCT headquarters brazenly claimed, today: “Today we are in a critical Coronavirus situation, and the number of infected is going to increase. These days, we had a situation, which intensified the conditions. We had the issue of elections; the parties they gave, the tables they set in some places, did not fit into the protocols announced.” This is while Rouhani had claimed on the day after the election, “I thank the Health Ministry for preventing a new COVID-19 outbreak in this election. The Health Ministry and all the loved ones who are fighting against this virus had a great contribution to make yesterday’s glorious elections.”
Secretariat of the National Council of Resistance of Iran (NCRI)
July 3, 2021