- The regime’s deputy Health Minister announced a travel ban to 18 cities with orange status in the north of the country. Similar restrictions will apply to 124 cities with the yellow state. (IRNA news agency, February 2, 2021)
- Rouhani: We hope that the domestic COVID-19 vaccine will enter the market in the summer and people will be able to use it.
- Saeed Namaki, regime’s Health Minister: We will never have a domestically produced vaccine before the middle of next spring. (State TV, February 1, 2021)
- Deputy of the regime’s parliament: It is not far off that the COVID-19 vaccine crisis becomes a threat to national security. (Regime’s parliament news agency, February 2, 2021)
- Alireza Zali, head of the National Coronavirus Combat Taskforce (NCCT) in Tehran: Emergency hospitals are becoming more crowded. We may be on the verge of a new outbreak in Tehran. (Entekhab daily, February 1, 2021)
- Abadan University of Medical Sciences: The number of Coronavirus cases in southwestern Khuzestan has doubled in the past 24 hours. If we cannot put out these small fires, we will have to deal with the hard peak in late winter. (Didar news, February 2, 2021)
- West Azerbaijan University of Medical Sciences: The death toll in the Province has reached 3,517. There are 384 patients hospitalized and 124 in ICU. (Mehr news agency, February 2, 2021)
The People’s Mojahedin Organization of Iran (PMOI/MEK) announced on Tuesday, February 2, 2021, that the Coronavirus death toll in 480 cities is more than 210,100. The number of victims in Tehran is 50,706, Khorasan Razavi 14,155, Isfahan 13,375, Mazandaran 8,632, West Azerbaijan 7,743, Gilan 7,501,Alborz 5,368, Hamedan 4,968, Kermanshah 4,324, Yazd 3,862, Kurdistan 3,632, Ardabil 2,607 Qazvin 2,294, Zanjan 2,265, Chaharmahal and Bakhtiari 1,685, and Kohgiluyeh and Boyer-Ahmad 1,559.
Secretariat of the National Council of Resistance of Iran (NCRI)
February 2, 2021