- Medical System Organization: COVID-19 infection and Death toll have set a record. Are Those who restricted the vaccine entry are responsive today? (Khamenei had restricted purchasing American and European vaccines, leaving the population to the mercy of COVID-19). (Hamshahri daily, August 9, 2021)
- Sina Hospital in Tehran: Why should we hold ceremonies in Muharram (religious ceremony), causing people to die? If ceremonies are held, after Muharram, we will see the sixth COVID-19 outbreak. (State-run media Rouydad 24, August 9, 2021)
- Mashhad University of Medical Sciences: 700 COVID-19 patients are admitted daily. The number of admissions has exceeded 3,000 and the situation is critical. (Fars news agency, August 9, 2021)
- Governor of Rasht: We have more than a thousand COVID-19 patients hospitalized in Rasht alone and since the beginning of the pandemic more than 3,200 citizens of Rasht have died due to Coronavirus. (Mehr news agency, August 9, 2021)
- Shiraz University of Medical Sciences: 4,480 people are hospitalized in the Province with COVID-19. (Mehr, August 9, 2021)
The People’s Mojahedin Organization of Iran (PMOI/MEK) announced on Monday, August 9, 2021, that the Coronavirus death toll in 547 cities had exceeded 354,100. The number of victims in Tehran has reached 83,046, Isfahan 23,890, Khuzestan 22,381, Khorasan Razavi 21,665, Mazandaran 13,720, Lorestan 13,145, West Azerbaijan 12,773, Fars 12,222, Gilan 11,471, Qom 10,415, Sistan and Baluchestan 10,370, Alborz 10,368, Kerman 8,868, Golestan 8,360, Hamedan 7,283, Central Province 7,093, Yazd 6,192, Hormozgan 6,105, Kurdistan 5,772, Semnan 5,550, North Khorasan 4,839, Ardabil 4,290, Bushehr 4,084, Zanjan 3,740, and Kohgiluyeh and Boyer-Ahmad 2,704.
Secretariat of the National Council of Resistance of Iran (NCRI)
August 9, 2021