• Massoud Younesian, secretary of the Scientific Committee of the National Coronavirus Combat Taskforce (NCCT): Even if all COVID-19 health restrictions are reimposed with intensity and severity, and people follow them 100%, the number of those infected will still be in five digits. (ISNA news agency, January 24, 2022)
• Labbafinejad Hospital, Tehran: The number of COVID-19 outpatient visits has increased by 50% daily, most of whom infected with Omicron. (Mehr news agency, January 24, 2022)
• Isfahan Medical University: The number of COVID-19 patients has increased from 1,500 to more than 5,000 in the past week. (State Radio and TV news agency, January 24, 2022)
• Kerman Medical University: With a 30 to 50% increase in positive COVID-19 tests, we should expect the Omicron to ignite soon. (ISNA, January 24, 2022)
• There is still a long way to go before people trust domestic COVID-19 vaccines. (State-run daily, Setareh Sobh, January 24, 2022)
The People’s Mojahedin Organization of Iran (PMOI/MEK) announced on Monday, January 24, 2022, that the COVID-19 death toll in 547 cities has exceeded 499,800. The number of victims in Tehran has reached 116,735, Khorasan Razavi 40,235, West Azerbaijan 18,858, Lorestan 16,515, Kerman 13,492, Kermanshah 9,354, Hamedan 9,258, Bushehr 5,574, and Chaharmahal and Bakhtiari 3,885.
Secretariat of the National Council of Resistance of Iran (NCRI)
January 24, 2022