Deputy Health Minister admits: The number of Coronavirus fatalities is 1.7 to 2.2 times the official figure
- According to a member of Tehran’s city council, yesterday in Behesht Zahra Cemetery alone, nearly 200 Coronavirus victims were buried.
- CEO of Behesht Zahra Cemetery: The gates of Behesht Zahra will be open only to the immediate families of the deceased and their close relatives.
- Head of Infectious Diseases Department of Khomeini Hospital: Hospitals are almost full. New patients are not admitted because all the beds are occupied. The incidence of the second wave of the outbreak was much higher than the first wave, and the third wave is undoubtedly more serious
- West Azerbaijan University of Medical Sciences: 1,056 patients are hospitalized; 224 are in ICU, 16 died in the past 24 hours, and the total number of dead has reached 1,268.
- Neyshabur’ s 22-Bahman Hospital: ICU beds have been all taken; more than 500 Coronavirus patients have died in this city.
The People’s Mojahedin Organization of Iran (PMOI/MEK) announced on Wednesday, October 14, 2020, that the Coronavirus fatalities in 458 cities across Iran had exceeded 123,100. The number of victims in Tehran is 29,451, Khorasan Razavi 9,250, Khuzestan 7,878, Isfahan 6,409, Mazandaran 5,582, Gilan 4,816, East Azerbaijan 4,358, Golestan 3,501, West Azerbaijan 3,397, Alborz 3,368, Fars 3,241, Kermanshah 2,683, Kurdistan 2,201, Semnan 1,872, Central Province 1,665, Yazd 1,641, Qazvin 1,206, Zanjan 1,173, and Kohgiluyeh and Boyer-Ahmad 864.
Minoo Mohraz, a member of the National Coronavirus Combat Taskforce (NCCT), told Hamshahri daily today, “Schools, universities and many public places should be closed for a while as soon as possible to prevent the situation from getting worse. Otherwise, we will see an increase in Coronavirus mortality.”
Secretariat of the National Council of Resistance of Iran (NCRI)
October 14, 2020