- Chairman of the Supreme Council of the Medical Organizations: The government should buy the standard vaccine as soon as possible and transparently announce the priorities in receiving the vaccine based on need and vulnerabilities.
- ICU Specialist of Masih Daneshvari Hospital: The delay in purchasing the vaccine will ultimately hurt the people. Like other countries, why don’t the authorities provide some vaccines for the medical staff?
- Head of Infectious Diseases Department of Lorestan Hospitals: My colleagues have been working away from their families for 10 months wearing the special gown at all times. It is a national demand and our inalienable right that the government provides vaccines. How much does 100 million doses of vaccine cost that are continually being used as an excuse?
- Alireza Raisi, Deputy head of the National Coronavirus Combat Taskforce (NCCT) in Tehran: So far, 60,000 State Security Force personnel have contracted COVID-19, and 96 have died.
- Alireza Zali, head of NCCT in Tehran: The situation in big cities like Tehran is still fragile. In the past 24 hours, we admitted 300 COVID-19 patients, 101 of whom were admitted to ICU wards.
- Director of Ahar Health Network: Mobile testing units show that the virus infection is high in Ahar. At least 40% of the samples are positive.
The People’s Mojahedin Organization of Iran (PMOI/MEK) announced this afternoon, Tuesday, December 22, 2020, that the Coronavirus death toll in 470 cities exceeds 189,800. The number of victims in Tehran is 46,636, Isfahan 11,235, Lorestan 7,668, Qom 7,445, East Azerbaijan 7,377, Fars 5,797, Alborz 5,005, Sistan and Baluchestan 4,651, Kerman 4,074, Central Province 3,958, Yazd 3,362, and Kohgiluyeh and Boyer-Ahmad 1,354.
Secretariat of the National Council of Resistance of Iran (NCRI)
December 22, 2020