- The spokesperson for the regime’s Health Ministry: In the second week of December, the highest numbers of hospitalizations were in Ilam, Semnan, Ardabil, Yasuj, and Yazd provinces, and the highest numbers of deaths were in Yazd, Kurdistan, Ardabil, and South Khorasan. The hospitalization rate in Gilan, Mazandaran, and Golestan is rising. (IRNA news agency, December 10, 2020)
- Iraj Harirchi, Deputy Health Minister: The situation in Tehran is worrying and fragile. When we want to add a restriction, they (officials) say you are ruining the country’s economy. Now we know the solution to everything is to remove the coronary restrictions! (State TV, December 9, 2020)
- Alireza Zali, head of the National Coronavirus Combat Taskforce (NCCT) in Tehran: In Tehran in the past 48 hours, traffic has increased by 135% compared to last week; and by 6%, at the same time the previous year, before COVID-19. This could bring new waves of disease in the coming weeks. (State TV, December 9, 2020)
- Managing Director of Behesht Zahra Cemetery: In the past nine months, some days, the death toll, Coronavirus included, has reached nearly 400 people. (Hamshahri daily, December 10, 2020)
- The spokesman of NCCT in Mazandaran: Amol is one of the worst areas of COVID-19 outbreak in the country. Amol city is going through a critical process, and if it continues like this, it won’t be easy to return to normal conditions. (IRNA, December 9, 2020)
The People’s Mojahedin Organization of Iran (PMOI/MEK) announced on December 10, 2020, that the number of Coronavirus fatalities in 470 cities had exceeded 181,600. The number of victims in Tehran is 44,781, Khorasan Razavi 12,580, Isfahan 10,565, Lorestan 7,390, Qom 7,175, East Azerbaijan 7,113, Mazandaran 6,887, West Azerbaijan 6,833, Gilan 6,061, Fars 5,397, Golestan 4,557, Hamedan 4,440, Kerman 3,799, Central Province 3,718, Semnan 2,739, Ardabil 2,177, Hormozgan 1,930, Qazvin 1,857, Zanjan 1,857, and Chaharmahal and Bakhtiari 1,405.
Secretariat of the National Council of Resistance of Iran (NCRI)
December 10, 2020