- Saeed Namaki, regime’s Health Minister on the recent increase in COVID-19 fatalities: Some adversaries (within the system) led us to three-digit deaths. We are concerned about the current outbreak in Khuzestan that may transmit to other provinces with the possibility of new mutations of the virus. (Mehr news agency, March 2, 2021)
- Alireza Zali, head of the National Coronavirus Combat Taskforce (NCCT) in Tehran: Tehran’s situation is very fragile and unstable. At any moment, there may be a new rise in the COVID-19 outbreak. (Mehr, March 1, 2021)
- Member of the regime’s Parliamentary Security Committee: The very inappropriate process of purchasing vaccines, not comparable to even the poorest countries in the world, embarrasses all officials. (Regime’s Parliament news agency, March 1, 2021)
- Head of Amir Al-Mo’menin Hospital: The hospital is full and COVID-19 patients are waiting in the emergency ward to be hospitalized. (ISNA news agency, March 2, 2021)
- One of the mortuary employees in Ahvaz (Khuzestan Province): For several days now, the COVID-19 deaths have reached 17 daily. (IRNA news agency, March 2, 2021)
The People’s Mojahedin Organization of Iran (PMOI/MEK) announced on Tuesday, March 2, 2021, that the Coronavirus fatalities in 497 cities across Iran had surpassed 224,300. The number of victims in Tehran is 53,061, Isfahan 14,460, Khuzestan 11,830, Mazandaran 9,487, Lorestan 9,338, East Azerbaijan 8,543, West Azerbaijan 8,388, Gilan 8,006, Fars 6,682, Alborz 5,613, Sistan and Baluchestan 5,301, Kerman 4,969, Kermanshah 4,549, Central Province 4,533, Kurdistan 3,877, Semnan 3,565, Ardabil 2,787, and South Khorasan 2,181.
Secretariat of the National Council of Resistance of Iran (NCRI)
March 2, 2021