• Regime parliamentary Health Commission: We will reach mass production of COVID-19 vaccines in July-August 2021. (ISNA news agency, December 29, 2020)
• Saeid Namaki, regime’s Health Minister: We are suffering from a kind of media nastiness. We do not conceal any part of the COVID-19 statistics. Unfortunately, some (officials) at home play in the enemy’s court and stab us from behind.
• Qassem Jan-Babaei, regime’s deputy Health Minister: Many of our friends inside tell us that your statistics are probably wrong. (State TV, December 28, 2020)
• Alireza Zali, head of the National Coronavirus Combat Taskforce (NCCT) in Tehran: Tehran’s high density has caused problems in breaking the COVID-19 transmission chain and containing the virus. One million transit population enters Tehran daily, 25% of gross national income and 52% of taxes are generated in Tehran. (Khabar Online news site, December 28, 2020)
• In Mazandaran, the number of daily COVID-19 patients is increasing unbelievably. It has increased by more than 40% in the past nine days. The average number of hospitalizations in December is 11 times that of October and three times that of November. (IRNA news agency, December 29, 2020)
The People’s Mojahedin Organization of Iran (PMOI/MEK) announced on Tuesday, December 29, 2020, that the Coronavirus death toll in 475 cities had exceeded 193,900. The number of victims in Tehran is 47,641, Khorasan Razavi 13,230, Isfahan 11,795, Khuzestan 9,855, Lorestan 7,838, East Azerbaijan 7,472, Mazandaran 7,342, Gilan 6,881, Kerman 4,209, Kermanshah 4,069, Central Province 4,028, Yazd 3,427, North Khorasan 2,988, Ardabil 2,377, and South Khorasan 1,811.
Secretariat of the National Council of Resistance of Iran (NCRI)
December 29, 2020