Coronavirus Scientific Committee: In addition to the British virus, the Brazilian virus and other mutated variants are spreading, and the death toll is much higher
- Blaming the renewed uptick COVID-19 death toll, Hassan Rouhani said: The British virus entered Khuzestan and Ilam provinces from Iraq and spread all over the country by people’s Nowruz (Persian New Year) trips.
- Head of the Regime’s Parliamentary Health Committee: By rejecting to cancel flights to Turkey and Europe and 30 daily flights from Khuzestan to different parts of the country, Rouhani is accountable for the spread of the British COVID-19 variant. (Tasnim news agency, April 10, 2021)
- Alireza Reisi, the spokesperson for the National Coronavirus Combat Taskforce (NCCT): We have a very, very steep slope of Coronavirus outbreak in 12 provinces and a steep slope in 11 other provinces. Difficult weeks and days ahead. (State TV, April 10, 2021)
- Tabriz University of Medical Sciences: The number of COVID-19 hospitalizations in the Province has increased from 400 to 1050 compared to the past two weeks. (Mehr news agency, April 10, 2021)
- Borujerd Governor’s Office: We have passed the COVID-19 red status and are the situation is critical or black. If people do not comply, we will have a human catastrophe in the coming days. (ISNA news agency, April 10, 2021)
The People’s Mojahedin Organization of Iran (PMOI/MEK) announced on Saturday, April 10, 2021, that the Coronavirus death toll in 535 cities across Iran had passed 248,100. The number of victims in Tehran has reached 56,841, Isfahan 16,205, Khorasan Razavi 15,990, Khuzestan 14,859, Mazandaran 10,580, Lorestan 10,468, East Azerbaijan 10,043, Qom 8,810, Gilan 8,681, Fars 7,302, Alborz 6,183, Hamedan 5,638, Kerman 5,499, Kermanshah 4,939, Semnan 4,390, Qazvin 2,829, Hormozgan 2,800, Bushehr 2,509, and South Khorasan 2,411.
Secretariat of the National Council of Resistance of Iran (NCRI)
April 10, 2021