• Head of the Food and Drug Organization: We no longer have any imports from abroad. The import of vaccines from foreign countries is prohibited. (State Radio and TV news agency, January 3, 2022)
• The regime’s Deputy Health Minister: Omicron’s infection rate has increased, and we have had 194 positive cases, which is on the rise. (ISNA news agency, January 3, 2022)
• Mohammad-Reza Mahboubfar, a health expert: The statistics of the Health Ministry are only the tip of the Omicron iceberg. Though today it is too late to lock down, if no serious action is taken, it will not be possible to get out of the Coronavirus swamp easily. (Hamdely daily, January 3, 2022)
• Ahvaz Medical University: When one case of Omicron is identified in a community, there are 100 more cases. The Omicron variant has spread throughout the Province. (Mehr news agency, January 3, 2022)
• Mazandaran Medical University: Omicron variant is spreading rapidly in the Province. (IRNA news agency, January 3, 2022)
The People’s Mojahedin Organization of Iran (PMOI/MEK) announced on Monday, January 3, 2022, that the COVID-19 fatalities in 547 cities have reached 494,700. In Tehran, the death toll has reached 115,660, Khorasan Razavi 39,915, Isfahan 34,245, West Azerbaijan 18,653, Mazandaran 17,975, Sistan and Baluchestan 13,655, Qom 13,310, Kurdistan 8,157, and Ardabil 6,290.
Secretariat of the National Council of Resistance of Iran (NCRI)
January 3, 2022