- Deputy Health Minister: We expect the number of the Coronavirus patients to increase. The higher the hospital admissions, the higher the chance of death. (State TV, October 21, 2020)
- Alireza Zali, head of the National Coronavirus Combat Taskforce (NCCT) in Tehran: More than 42% of the country’s critically ill Coronavirus patients are hospitalized in Tehran. A total of 10,000 patients were referred as outpatients in the past 24 hours. (Mehr news agency, October 22, 2020)
- The NCCT in West Azerbaijan: We have no empty beds in hospitals. 1,254 people are hospitalized, 229 are in ICU and 75 are under ventilator. In the second wave of the outbreak, the maximum daily death rate was 20, but now it has reached 34. (Javan daily, October 22, 2020)
- Tabriz University of Medical Sciences: We are in a difficult situation. The ICU wards are completely full, and we do not have empty beds for critically ill patients. Within 24 hours, 621 new patients were identified and 19 have died. (Mehr, October 22, 2020)
- Kermanshah Medical University of Sciences: We break the previous day’s records every day. We had 189 new patients in 24 hours. There are 724 Coronavirus patients hospitalized, 124 of which are in ICU, which is very worrying. (Javan daily, October 22, 2020)
The People’s Mojahedin Organization of Iran (PMOI/MEK) announced this afternoon, October 22, 2020, that the Coronavirus death toll in 460 cities had exceeded 129,900. The number of victims in Tehran is 31,261, Khorasan Razavi 9,817, Isfahan 6,922, Lorestan 5,588, East Azerbaijan 4,601, West Azerbaijan 3,711, Alborz 3,598, Fars 3,411, Kermanshah 2,803, Kurdistan 2,336, North Khorasan 2,239, Kerman 2,015, Yazd 1,931, Central Province 1,802, Bushehr 1,555, Qazvin 1,292, Chaharmahal and Bakhtiari 997, and Kohgiluyeh and Boyer-Ahmad 954.
Secretariat of the National Council of Resistance of Iran (NCRI)
October 22, 2020