
THIS PAGE WILL BE UPDATED WITH THE LATEST NEWS
UPDATE: 03:00 PM CET
Canada Has No Plans to Re-Engage with Iran, Anita Anand Says
Foreign Affairs Minister Anita Anand said Thursday Canada is not open to re-establishing diplomatic ties with Iran at this time, and pushed back on senators who claim Canada has abandoned its human rights focus in its pursuit of investment from Gulf nations.
“Our values are our North Star. They are our source of strength,” Anand told the Senate’s foreign affairs committee Thursday.
Sen. Peter Harder asked Anand whether Ottawa would revise a decision the Harper government made in 2012 to cut diplomatic ties with Iran.
“It was unfortunate that we withdrew from Iran. It was one of the areas where the Five Eyes welcomed Canada’s participation,” said Harder, referring to the intelligence alliance that includes Washington and London.
UPDATE: 07:30 AM CET
How Land Subsidence Reveals the Rotten Core of the Iranian Regime
Iran is in the midst of a silent, man-made catastrophe. The ground beneath its cities and plains is collapsing at a world-record pace, a crisis that threatens not only national infrastructure but the lives of millions of citizens. While the clerical regime blames drought and mismanagement, the evidence points to a far more sinister cause: the systematic plundering of the nation’s water resources by a powerful “water mafia” controlled by the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC). This environmental disaster is a physical manifestation of the regime’s corrupt and destructive rule, which has left nothing but ruin in its wake.
Mina Sadoughi, 41, Executed in Shiraz Central Prison
On Wednesday morning, November 26, 2025, the death sentence of Mina Sadoughi, a 41-year-old woman held in Shiraz Central Prison, was carried out along with her husband. The couple, originally from Mohammadshahr in Karaj, had previously been sentenced to death on charges related to drug offenses. They leave behind three children, aged 7, 9, and 11. The execution was conducted without prior notification to the family or the couple’s lawyer, placing the case among Iran’s growing list of secret executions. Mina Sadoughi and her husband were also denied a final visit with their children and relatives.
Death Judges in Iran – Part 8
The judicial and security conduct of Judge Seyyed Mousa Assef al-Hosseini in political, security, and protest-related cases of 2022 has not only resulted in the issuance of extremely severe sentences, but has consistently been accompanied by patterns of torture, forced confessions, and secret trials. These patterns—combined with the death sentences he has issued—have led several governments and international institutions, including the United Kingdom, the European Union, Canada, and France, to sanction Assef al-Hosseini for widespread human rights violations. The United Nations has also declared in official statements that his proceedings violate fundamental fair-trial standards. This report focuses on documented torture practices, judicial and security conduct, and official reactions from international bodies, providing a clear picture of the depth of human rights violations in cases adjudicated by Assef al-Hosseini.
Hospital Visits for Respiratory Infections Up 30% In Iran
Ruhollah Shirzadi, head of Tehran’s Children’s Medical Center Hospital, said that visits related to respiratory infections such as COVID-19 and influenza have increased by twenty to thirty percent in recent weeks compared to previous months. Shirzadi said on Wednesday, November 26, in an interview with the state-run ISNA news agency, that despite this rise, ICU admissions due to influenza and COVID-19 have not yet increased. Seasonal factors, being indoors with closed doors and windows, increased close contact due to spending more time in enclosed environments, and children being present in schools all contribute to the higher spread of contagious respiratory illnesses during this season.
Iran Regime’s Proxy Network in Crisis as Tehran Loses Control Over the Houthis
Tehran’s weakening grip on its last remaining regional proxies exposes a deep strategic rupture. The Iranian regime is facing its most severe strategic setback in years as senior officials admit that Tehran has lost control over the Houthis in Yemen, the last major pillar of its regional proxy network. According to a comprehensive report published by The Telegraph, Iranian regime officials acknowledge that the Yemeni group—which has carried out repeated attacks on global shipping routes—no longer takes orders from Tehran. A senior official aligned with the regime told the newspaper: “The Houthis have gone rogue. They are truly rebels now. They no longer listen to Tehran the way they used to.” He added that similar patterns are emerging in Iraq, where several armed groups behave “as if we never had connections with them at all.”







