Despite the ongoing poisoning of female students for the fourth consecutive month, the Ministry of Interior has made a ridiculous announcement about the arrest of “more than a hundred people involved in recent school incidents.” According to the Ministry, some of these individuals “acted out of mischief or adventure and used smelly substances to close classrooms.” The Ministry has also made the baseless claim that “investigations into these individuals, including their potential connections with terrorist organizations like MEK”, are ongoing.
The regime’s intention in linking these individuals to MEK is to conceal the involvement of institutions under the control of Ali Khamenei. These actions are being taken in response to the uprising and as a means of retribution against women for their leadership in the movement. Poisoning young girls serve as a means to supplement and replace the moral police in suppressing women. If such a thing is not true, as Mrs. Maryam Rajavi, the President-elect of the National Council of Resistance of Iran (NCRI), has repeatedly suggested, the regime should accept an international delegation to investigate this crime.
The lies being propagated by the regime are just another instance of the scandalous scenarios it has used in the past, such as acid attacks on women, chain murders, the assassination of priests, explosions in Imam Reza’s shrine, and numerous other crimes committed by the regime.
As per reports from state-run media, on Saturday, March 11, a significant number of female students were poisoned by toxic gas in various schools across different cities, including Ahvaz, Abadan, Baghmalek, Dashtestan, Sanandaj, Siahkal, among others.
On Friday, March 10, the regime’s television aired the forced confessions of a father and daughter who claimed that they had “attempted to provide a gas spray with a lit wick and threw it into the school grounds to “create doubt about the regime.”
According to the Rokna website, on March 3, the political and security deputy of the governor of Pardis stated, “the evidence indicates that the parking of a fuel tanker near the school was the reason behind the poisoning of students at Khayyam Pardis School”.
On March 11, the Tabnak website reported that the regime’s so-called human rights headquarters had stated that “less than 10 percent of the students were exposed to a stimulant substance that was not harmful or fatal, and resembled war gases. The majority of students were affected by psychological and emotional stress and experienced anxiety”.
Last week, the state-run Hammihan newspaper quoting Hashemian, a specialist in the special care department of Masih Daneshvari Hospital in Tehran, wrote: “combined gases are being used for poisoning and are being used very intelligently, and access to these gases is not possible for ordinary people. Although the Ministry of Health announced that this poisoning was mild, it must be emphasized that this is a serious issue, and the source of this poisoning should be identified as soon as possible so that doctors can use the antidote.” The same source wrote: “Doctors and nurses are afraid to provide any information about the injured. They are worried about the consequences of this information and… Some say that they were told not to talk and not to give information, orders that are said to have come from higher authorities and from the Ministry of Health itself. None of the officials of this ministry are willing to give an interview and provide an explanation about what happened.”
On March 8, the ISNA news agency quoted the head of the regime’s justice system in Kurdistan province as saying that three people had been arrested for spreading rumors about the poisoning of students in Sanandaj.
Reiterating that the key to this crime lies in Khamenei’s Office and the organizations under his command, The Iranian Resistance demands the dispatch of an international investigation delegation to deal with this heinous crime.
Secretariat of the National Council of Resistance of Iran (NCRI)
March 12, 2023