Friday's Iran Mini Report - September 14, 2018
• Iran Says Missile Attack On Kurdish Dissidents a Warning to Hostile Powers
The chief of Iran's elite Revolutionary Guards Corps said on Thursday that Tehran's missile attack on an Iranian Kurdish rebel base in northern Iraq last week was a warning to hostile powers, Iranian state television reported.
The Guards fired seven missiles at the headquarters of the Democratic Party of Iranian Kurdistan (PDKI), an armed opposition group that fights for greater autonomy for Iran’s Kurdish community.
• Nikki Haley: Iran is 'feeling the pain'
Nikki Haley, the US ambassador to the United Nations, said on Wednesday that Iran is "feeling the pain" from the US sanctions.
"They feel weak and we are suffocating them to the point that they have to address ballistic missiles; they have to address their support on terrorism," Haley told Fox News in an interview.
• Iran Publicly Hangs Man in Fars Province
Iran Human Rights Monitor (HRM) reported: Iranian authorities publicly hanged a man this morning in Marvdasht. The state-run Mizan news agency confirmed the news of the public execution and wrote, “The sentence carried out after a confirmation by the first deputy of Judiciary.”
In yet another case a prisoner was hanged today in Saravan Prison. He was Identified as Nazir Ahmad Gomshadzehi from Saravan. He was also charged with murder.
The United Nations has time and again criticized the Iranian regime for public executions.
• Trump slams Kerry for 'illegal' Iran meetings
US President Donald Trump slammed former Secretary of State John Kerry for his recent meetings with Iranian diplomats.
In his meetings, Kerry apparently discussed the 2015 "Iran deal," as well as various other issues.
"John Kerry had illegal meetings with the very hostile Iranian Regime, which can only serve to undercut our great work to the detriment of the American people," Trump tweeted.
• 14 Iranians' arrest 'based on documentary evidence and proof'
Bahrain: The Interior Ministry last night affirmed that its report issued on September 8, relating to the arrest of 14 Iranians who had entered Bahrain with Asian passports and fake names, is based on documentary evidence and proof.
It rejected a statement by an Iranian Foreign Ministry spokesman which claimed that Iran could not confirm what had been mentioned in the ministry statement and alleged that “Bahrain hasn’t presented evidence to the Iranian government or additional information”.
The solid evidence includes the scanned IDs of some of the 14 Iranian nationals who were arrested for using Asian passports they bought to enter the kingdom, it said.