Saturday, November 27, 2021
HomeStatementsIran: Coronavirus death toll exceeds 40,700 in 316 cities

Iran: Coronavirus death toll exceeds 40,700 in 316 cities

Over 40,700 dead of coronavirus (COVID-19) in Iran-Iran Coronavirus Death Toll
Over 40,700 dead of coronavirus (COVID-19) in Iran-Iran Coronavirus Death Toll per PMOI MEK sources

Regime officials admit increase in number of infections in Khuzestan, Tehran, Gilan, Semnan, and Kermanshah

The People’s Mojahedin Organization of Iran (PMOI / MEK) announced this afternoon that the Coronavirus fatalities in 316 cities in Iran had exceeded 40,700. The number of victims in Tehran is 6,830, Khorasan Razavi 2,950, Khuzestan 2,260, Alborz 1,615, Golestan 1,261, Hamedan 1,100, Central Province 560, and Ilam 280.

Today, Massoud Mardani, a member of National Coronavirus Combat Taskforce (NCCT), told the state-run daily, Donya-e-Eqtesad, “The virus has spread exponentially in Tehran, Gilan, Semnan, and Khuzestan provinces in recent days … Sadly, the second wave of the outbreak in Khuzestan has been much worse than expected, and the same situation may follow for other provinces.”

Khuzestan Governor Gholamreza Shariati, whose remarks were quoted in the state-run daily, Entekhab, said, “The number of Coronavirus patients in Khuzestan has increased by 200% in the last month … and the number of hospitalized patients has increased by 60%.”

Abbas Papizadeh, regime’s Parliament deputy from the city of Dezful, told the state-run radio, Farhang, yesterday, “Dezful is at the top of the Coronavirus epicenters … However, construction of a hospital, which was funded by the Oil Ministry and the land was allocated by the Interior Ministry, has been delayed.”

Sara Shahabadi, deputy chair of Kermanshah University of Medical Sciences, told the IRGC affiliated news agency, Fars, “The Coronavirus statistics, especially in Kermanshah, is increasing on a daily basis.”

Today, a specialist, Dr. Masoumeh Enayati, told the official state news agency, ISNA, “According to statistics from Mazandaran University of Medical Sciences, 68 new cases of Coronavirus disease have been hospitalized in the past 24 hours … The second and third waves of Coronavirus outbreak are not unexpected.”

Regime officials are shamelessly, blaming people for the increase in the number of infections. Today, Alireza Raisi, the regime’s Deputy Health Minister, told the state TV, Shabake Khabar, “In Khuzestan province … non-compliance (with protocols) caused us to decide to go back … This may happen for any other city or province.” Meanwhile, Ali Maher, deputy head of NCCT in Tehran, told the state-run daily, Hamshahri, today, “Statistics in many cities are returning to their peak … but the protocols are probably unfeasible. They do not work in urban areas such as in the metro.”

In the meantime, the state-run daily, Sharq wrote, “It is predicted that between 2.8 and 6.4 million people will lose their jobs due to the Coronavirus crisis, of which 70% do not have any insurance coverage … Workers, laborers, and self-employed will suffer the most. Most of them will be pushed below the poverty line, and if the government does not offer effective support, the unemployment crisis and poverty will turn into other issues.”

Secretariat of the National Council of Resistance of Iran (NCRI)

May 11, 2020