Monday, October 26, 2020
Home Statements Iran: Coronavirus Death Toll in 317 Cities Exceeds 41,200

Iran: Coronavirus Death Toll in 317 Cities Exceeds 41,200

Over 41,200 dead of coronavirus (COVID-19) in Iran-Iran Coronavirus Death Toll
Over 41,200 dead of coronavirus (COVID-19) in Iran-Iran Coronavirus Death Toll per PMOI MEK sources

Health Ministry announced that the number of patients in the last 24 hours reached 1,958, the highest in the last 33 days

Expressing outrage over the Iranian regime’s officials blaming the spread of the Coronavirus on the people of Khuzestan Province, Maryam Rajavi, said the primary factor responsible for the spread of COVID19 is the mullahs’ despicable regime which has turned Iran into the epicenter for exporting the virus to the Middle East through cover-up, plunder, incompetence, and discrimination.

The People’s Mojahedin Organization of Iran (PMOI / MEK) announced on May 13, 2020, that the Coronavirus death toll in 317 cities in Iran had exceeded 41,200. The number of victims in Tehran is 6,885, Mazandaran 2,535, Isfahan 2,490, Khuzestan 2,360, East Azerbaijan 1,465, Hamedan 1,165, Sistan and Baluchestan 1,110, Lorestan 1,105, and Chaharmahal and Bakhtiari 350.

With the return of the poor to work, and in the absence of minimal health care facilities, the number of people contracting Coronavirus is increasing every day. Today, the regime’s Health Ministry announced that the number of patients in the last 24 hours had reached 1,958, the highest in the previous 33 days.

Alireza Zali, head of the National Coronavirus Combat Taskforce (NCCT) in Tehran said 273 new patients had been hospitalized in Tehran in the past 24 hours. This is, of course, a small part of the new cases in Tehran. On April 25, 2020, Dr. Masud Younesian, a member of Tehran University’s faculty of Medical Sciences had told Setareh Sobh, daily “The actual statistics are 20 times higher than the official statistics, adding, “If we consider that only 20% of cases are hospitalized, only half of them are tested, and only half of these tests are positive, then it could be said that the real statistics are about 20 times what is reported.” Subsequently, Dr. Mahboubfar, a member of the Coronavirus Committee, in remarks published in Vatan-e Emrouz daily on April 28, also noted that the negative consequences of the government’s decision to lift restrictions in the second week of May will be reflected in the second wave of Coronavirus onslaught now, Zali, states, “We must consider the conditions of metropolitan areas, including Tehran, as fragile.”

Yesterday, the vice-chancellor of the University of Medical Sciences in Zahedan, told state-run TV, about an unprecedented increase in the number of Coronavirus patients in Sistan and Baluchestan province in the past 24 hours.

The Chancellor of Jundishapur University of Medical Sciences in Khuzestan told Hamshahri daily on May 12, “Razi and Taleghani Hospitals, a ward of Milad and Amir Al-Momenin Hospitals and a block of Sina Hospital in Ahvaz are allocated for the patients with coronavirus.”

While Coronavirus has spread widely in Khuzestan, the regime’s officials are blaming the people. In remarks reported by the Fars news agency affiliated to IRGC, on May 13, Ali Rabiei, Rouhani’s spokesman, said, “The main reason for the upward slope in Khuzestan is the gathering of people at mourning ceremonies and weddings, and if we move forward in the same manner, we will face a new epidemic.” Regarding the situation in Khuzestan, Saeed Namaki, the regime’s Minister of Health, told state-run Radio and Television yesterday, “The outbreak rise took place right after the reopening … In the city of Ahvaz, especially in the suburbs, the dense population, and tribal culture in ceremonies, mourning, and weddings and neglecting protocols have been the main cause of this spread.”

Expressing outrage over the Iranian regime’s officials blaming the spread of the Coronavirus on the people of Khuzestan Province, Mrs. Maryam Rajavi, the President-elect of the National Council of Resistance of Iran (NCRI), said the primary factor responsible for the spread of COVID-19 is the mullahs’ despicable regime which has turned Iran into the epicenter for exporting the virus to the Middle East, through cover-up, plunder, incompetence, and discrimination. So dire is the situation in Iran that even with completely bogus figures put out by the regime, the number of victims in Iran is much more than all other countries in the Middle East combined with a population of 400 million, she added. Mrs. Rajavi said the regime’s parliament report on the smuggling of $25bn in 2016 and 2017 sheds light on the extent of the plunder, looting, and theft of (Iran’s wealth).

The report noted that more than 95 percent of the smuggling is “carried out through official procedures and official channels, and the volume comprises more than 30 percent of the imports.” The Iranian Resistance has repeatedly stated that major smuggling, far greater than the numbers provided by the mullahs’ Parliament, are carried out by regime’s factions, with Khamenei and the IRGC receiving the lion’s share (of the revenues).

Mrs. Rajavi stressed that this is the flip side of the Iranian people’s impoverishment and destitution, as well as the lack of the minimum necessities in Khuzestan and Sistan and Baluchistan provinces, as well as other provinces and regions to fight the coronavirus.

Secretariat of the National Council of Resistance of Iran (NCRI)

May 13, 2020