• Head of the Nursing Organization: 145,000 nurses have contracted COVID-19 since the beginning of the pandemic. All nurses have been infected with COVID-19 at least once. (Fars news agency, December 9, 2021)
• Qazvin Medical University: The daily number of COVID-19 and critically ill patients has increased by 65.3% and 25%, respectively. (Tasnim news agency, December 9, 2021)
• Shiraz Medical University: In the past 24 hours, 102 COVID-19 patients were hospitalized. There are currently 797 COVID-19 inpatients, and 117 are in the ICU. (ISNA news agency, December 9, 2021)
• West Azerbaijan Medical University: 495 COVID-19 patients are hospitalized, 137 are in ICU, and 32 are connected to ventilators. (State Radio and TV news agency, December 9, 2021)
• “None of the demands of the nursing community have been met. Where do the indifference and inaction come from? Hiring a nurse is not important for our decision-makers. The key reason is the conflict of interest.” (State-run daily, December 9, 2021)
The People’s Mojahedin Organization of Iran (PMOI/MEK) announced this afternoon, Thursday, December 9, 2021, that the COVID-19 death toll in 547 cities has exceeded 486,800. In Tehran, the number of victims has reached 113,995, Khorasan Razavi 39,480, Isfahan 33,440, Gilan 16,935, Lorestan 16,160, Alborz 14,273, Golestan 10,615, Kurdistan 7,997, Semnan 6,440, North Khorasan 6,188, Ardabil 6,140, South Khorasan 4,241, Chaharmahal and Bakhtiari 3,750, and Kohgiluyeh and Boyer-Ahmad 3,644.
Secretariat of the National Council of Resistance of Iran (NCRI)
December 9, 2021