• Secretary of the Scientific Committee of the National Coronavirus Combat Taskforce (NCCT): Omicron has spread in different provinces. The possibility of a new outbreak is expected in the coming weeks. (ISNA news agency, December 29, 2021)
• Nader Tavakoli, deputy head of the NCCT in Tehran: At present, any patient whose COVID-19 test is positive appears to have predominantly contracted Omicron variant. (State-run media outlet, E’temad, December 29, 2021)
• Mashhad Health Network: Outpatient visits to designated Coronavirus centers have increased by 22% in the past week. (ISNA, December 29, 2021)
• What will result from the slow decision-making process on confronting Omicron regarding the number of hospitalizations and deaths?
• North Khorasan Medical University: 10 to 20% of hospitalized children have contracted COVID-19. (ISNA, December 28, 2021)
The People’s Mojahedin Organization of Iran (PMOI/MEK) announced on Wednesday, December 29, 2021, that the COVID-19 death toll in 547 cities is more than 493,300. In Tehran the death toll has reached 115,360, Isfahan 34,095, Fars 18,610, West Azerbaijan 18,603, Gilan 17,120, East Azerbaijan 17,053, Sistan and Baluchestan 13,630, Lorestan 16,335, Kerman 13,302, Golestan 10,745, Yazd 8,148, and Ilam 4,713.
Secretariat of the National Council of Resistance of Iran (NCRI)
December 29, 2021