- The clerical regime, despite the experts’ advice, staged a Friday prayer and mourning ceremony in Qom, risking people’s lives. Afterward, the head of the Qom medical organization announced that outpatient visits had increased, a warning sign for the Province.
- President of Qom University of Medical Sciences: I personally went to the offices of the religious authorities and wrote letters imploring them not to allow the ceremonies.
- Mostafa Ghanei, director of the Scientific section of the National Coronavirus Combat Taskforce (NCCT): Iranian vaccines will not be available to the public until the end of June 2021.
- Minoo Mohraz, Member of the NCCT: The number of human tests for the Iranian Coronavirus vaccine is not enough to assess its effectiveness.
- Mazandaran University of Medical Sciences: The COVID-19 pervasiveness in Mazandaran Province is still on the rise, even the villages must be quarantined.
- As we approach school reopening, the COVID-19 continues to advance. Parents’ concerns are so high that social media has become a platform to express their worries, with some even calling for schools to be closed again.
The People’s Mojahedin Organization of Iran (PMOI/MEK) announced on Sunday, January 17, 2021, that the Coronavirus death toll in 478 cities had exceeded 203,000. The number of victims in Tehran is 49,446, Isfahan 12,775, Lorestan 8,213, Mazandaran 8,017, Qom 7,895, West Azerbaijan 7,488, Gilan 7,186, Sistan and Baluchestan 4,901, Hamedan 4,783, Central Province 4,173, Yazd 3,687, Zanjan 2,155, Ilam 2,101, and Bushehr 2,044.
Secretariat of the National Council of Resistance of Iran (NCRI)
January 17, 2021