- Masoud Mardani, member of the National Coronavirus Combat Taskforce (NCCR): Our country will be affected by the COVID-19 virus until the end of autumn next year. (ISNA news agency, January 6, 2021)
- Health Ministry’s spokesperson: Coronavirus is still laying in ambush unabated and can take us back to hard times at any time.
- Mohammad-Reza Hashemian ICU Specialist: The vaccine should be made available to vulnerable people as soon as possible. If we wait until July 2021 to produce Iranian vaccines, a black market for the vaccine will be created in the country. (IRNA news agency, January 6, 2021)
- CEO of Tehran’s Air Quality Control Company: COVID-19 virus can also be transmitted through the air. Besides, people living in polluted cities such as Tehran are more likely to die from Corona due to air pollution. (Mehr news agency, January 6, 2021)
- Tabriz University of Medical Sciences: While the number of COVID-19 deaths has reached ten per day, the situation is unstable.
- Due to the increase in Coronavirus infections, regime’s parliament deputy from Babol demanded a complete two-week quarantine in Mazandaran Province. (Mehr, January 6, 2021)
The People’s Mojahedin Organization of Iran (PMOI/MEK) announced on Wednesday, January 6, 2021, that the Coronavirus death toll in 478 cities across Iran had exceeded 197,900. The number of victims in Tehran is 48,491, Khorasan Razavi 13,390, Isfahan 12,345, Khuzestan 9,975, Lorestan 7,993, Mazandaran 7,622, East Azerbaijan 7,562, Fars 6,051, Golestan 4,897, Central Province 4,098, Zanjan 2,085, Hormozgan 2,075, Ilam 2,040, and Bushehr 1,994.
Secretariat of the National Council of Resistance of Iran (NCRI)
January 6, 2021