- Rouhani: We have at least six more months before the Iranian vaccines are ready, and (until then) we must be very careful and see what happens. In late spring, or in the summer, God willing, “Barakat”, “Razi” and “Pasteur” vaccines will be available.
- Spokesperson of the regime’s Health Ministry: The situation is fragile. In some provinces, we are seeing an increase in COVID-19 hospitalizations. Last week, the highest number of hospitalizations was in Mazandaran, Gilan and Hamedan and the highest number of deaths was in Mazandaran, Gilan, West Azerbaijan, Ardabil, and Golestan. (IRNA news agency, January 23, 2021)
- Iraj Harirchi, regime’s Deputy Health Minister: In some provinces we have had a new Coronavirus outbreak, and in Tehran and Isfahan we have had an increase in the infection of people aged between seven to 18. (Mehr news agency, January 23, 2021)
- Masoud Mardani, a member of the National Coronavirus Combat Taskforce (NCCT) Scientific Committee: We will experience another COVID-19 outbreak. The current situation is fragile. (ISNA news agency, January 23, 2021)
- Hormozgan University of Medical Sciences: This week’s COVID-19 outpatients increased by 15%, positive test by 3%, quarantine patients by 21%, hospitalization by 21%, and patients admitted to ICU by 7% compared to the previous week. (ISNA, January 23, 2021)
The People’s Mojahedin Organization of Iran (PMOI/MEK) announced on Saturday, January 23, 2021, that the Coronavirus fatalities in 478 cities across Iran had surpassed 205,400. The number of victims in Tehran is 49,906, Isfahan 12,975, Lorestan 8,303, Mazandaran 8,222, Qom 7,980, West Azerbaijan 7,533, Gilan 7,296, Fars 6,227, Golestan 5,180, Sistan and Baluchestan 4,956, Hamedan 4,843, Kerman 4,544, Central Province 4,208, and Qazvin 2,177.
Secretariat of the National Council of Resistance of Iran (NCRI)
January 23, 2021