While State-controlled Figure for the Past 24-Hour COVID-19 Patients Has Quadrupled Compared To Last Week, Raisi Instructed That the Enclosure of Any Information Needs To Be Fully Coordinated So It Won’t Cause Undue Concern!
- Mashhad Medical Organization: COVID-19 conditions are now out of control, and the number of patients with Omicron doubles every three days. (ISNA news agency, January 30, 2022)
- Nader Tavakoli, deputy head of the National Coronavirus Combat Taskforce (NCCT) in Tehran: Tehran, has entered the sixth COVID-19 outbreak. A quarter of COVID-19 hospitalized patients are in ICU. (ISNA, January 30, 2022)
- Secretary of the Epidemiology Committee: We are in the rising string of the Omicron outbreak, and the recurrence of three-digit deaths is not unexpected. (ISNA, January 30, 2022)
- Izeh Governor: The number of COVID-19 patients and those quarantined in Izeh have increased by 275% and 300%, respectively. (Mehr news agency, January 30, 2022)
- Isfahan Governor’s Office: Due to the COVID-19 status turning red and orange in Natanz, Kashan, and Aran va Bidgol, the primary schools will be online.
The People’s Mojahedin Organization of Iran (PMOI/MEK) announced on Sunday, January 30, 2022, that the Coronavirus fatalities in 547 cities have surpassed 501,500. The number of victims in Tehran has reached 117,055, Khorasan Razavi 40,360, Isfahan 34,790, Khuzestan 30,230, Fars 19,000, West Azerbaijan 18,903, Mazandaran 18,180, Gilan 17,360, East Azerbaijan 17,333, Lorestan 16,560, Alborz 14,603, Kerman 13,532, Qom 13,500, Golestan 10,895, Kermanshah 9,374, Hamedan 9,288, Central Province 9,163, Hormozgan 8,320, Yazd 8,318, Semnan 6,610, Bushehr 5,604, South Khorasan 4,461, and Kohgiluyeh and Boyer-Ahmad 3,809.
In today’s state-controlled statistics, the regime’s Health Ministry announced the number of COVID-19 patients in the past 24 hours as 21,996, more than four times the figure for last Sunday.
Following the outbreak of the new wave across the country, Ebrahim Raisi reiterated the need to censor the COVID-19 news at an NCCT meeting yesterday, saying: “Any information about COVID-19 must be in perfect harmony so that it would not cause undue concern in the community while raising awareness.”
Secretariat of the National Council of Resistance of Iran (NCRI)
January 30, 2022