On February 23, 2022, the EU High Representative issued a declaration on behalf of the European Union, to announce the alignment of certain countries on the application of specific measures to combat terrorism.
The Council Decision updated and repealed a list of persons, groups, and entities that the EU considers terrorists.
According to the EU High Representative Declaration, the Candidate Countries North Macedonia, Montenegro, Serbia and Albania, the country of the Stabilization and Association Process and potential candidate Bosnia and Herzegovina, and the EFTA countries Iceland and Liechtenstein, members of the European Economic Area, as well as Ukraine and The Republic of Moldova align themselves with this Council Decision.
Under Annex, the following names are noteworthy:
- ABDOLLAHI Hamed (a.k.a. Mustafa Abdullahi), born 11.8.1960 in Iran. Passport number: D9004878.
- ARBABSIAR Manssor (a.k.a. Mansour Arbabsiar), born 6.3.1955 or 15.3.1955 in Iran. Iranian and US national, passport number: C2002515 (Iran); passport number: 477845448 (USA). National ID number: 07442833, expiry date 15.3.2016 (USA driving license).
- ASSADI Assadollah (a.k.a. Assadollah Asadi), born 22.12.1971 in Tehran (Iran), Iranian national. Iranian diplomatic passport number: D9016657.
- EL HAJJ Hassan Hassan, born 22.3.1988 in Zaghdraiya, Sidon, Lebanon, Canadian citizen. Passport number: JX446643 (Canada).
- HASHEMI MOGHADAM Saeid, born 6.8.1962 in Tehran (Iran), Iranian national. Passport number: D9016290, valid until 4.2.2019.
- SHAHLAI Abdul Reza (a.k.a. Abdol Reza Shala ‘i, a.k.a. Abd-al Reza Shalai, a.k.a. Abdorreza Shahlai, a.k.a. Abdolreza Shahla’i, a.k.a. Abdul-Reza Shahlaee, a.k.a. Hajj Yusef, a.k.a. Haji Yusif, a.k.a. Hajji Yasir, a.k.a. Hajji Yusif, a.k.a. Yusuf
- Abu-al-Karkh), born circa 1957 in Iran. Addresses: (l) Kermanshah, Iran, (2) Mehran Military Base, Ilam Province, Iran.
- SHAKURI Ali Gholam, born circa 1965 in Tehran, Iran.
II. GROUPS AND ENTITIES
- ‘Al-Aqsa Martyrs ‘ Brigade’.
- Directorate for Internal Security of the Iranian Ministry for Intelligence and Security.
- ‘Hamas’, including ‘Hamas-Izz al-Din al-Qassem’.
- ‘Hizballah Military Wing’ (a.k.a. ‘Hezbollah Military Wing’, a.k.a. ‘Hizbullah Military Wing’, a.k.a. ‘Hizbollah Military Wing’, a.k.a. ‘Hezballah Military Wing’, a.k.a. ‘Hisbollah Military Wing’, a.k.a. ‘Hizbu’llah Military Wing’ a.k.a. ‘Hizb Allah Military Wing’, a.k.a. ‘Jihad Council’ (and all units reporting to it, including the External Security Organisation)).
- ‘Palestinian Islamic Jihad’ ‘PIJ’
- ‘Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine’ ‘PFLP’.
- ‘Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine General Command’ (a.k.a. ‘PFLP General Command’).
Read the full Declaration hereEU Council Decision