HomeIran News NowIran Opposition & ResistancePMOI, Iran opposition, spokesman denied detention of its members in Iraq, DPA...

PMOI, Iran opposition, spokesman denied detention of its members in Iraq, DPA reported

NCRI – "The press spokesman for the People Mojahedin Organization of Iran (PMOI) in Ashraf camp denied detentions of members of Mojahedin Khalq", in Iraq, Deutsche Presse-Agentur, DPA reported on Saturday.

He told dpa: "This is a misinformation campaign by the Iranian regime against PMOI in Ashraf. We totally deny this claim, and all members of the Mojahedin are staying in Ashraf and protected by the US military."

"He said the Iranian regime had dispatched to Iraq some elements of the Qods force, which is considered a terrorist organization by the United States, to pursue this misinformation campaign", dpa added.

The false claims disseminated by an agent of the clerical regime acting as the spokesman of the Karbala police force that four members of the People’s Mojahedin Organization of Iran (PMOI/MEK) had been arrested in that city is a sheer lie.

Claims of arrest of four members of the PMOI in Karbala are part of a new terrorist conspiracy by the Qods Force against the PMOI and the residents of Ashraf City who are recognized as "protected persons" under the Fourth Geneva Convention.

The new plot was launched a few weeks ago by the Qods Force. The clerical regime had dispatched a number of agents of the Ministry of Intelligence and Security (MOIS) and Qods Force to Iraq to plan and prepare the grounds for terrorist operations against the residents of Ashraf City. The agents were sent from inside and outside Iran and they have been staying in Baghdad’s Al-Mansour Hotel. They are in regular contacts with the regime’s embassy in Baghdad.

All members of the PMOI are based in Ashraf City which is under constant protection of the Multi-National Force-Iraq round the clock and their movements in and out of Ashraf is supervised by the MNF-I. Something that  has been confirmed on numerous occasions by the commanders of the MNF-I (Statement by Major General William Caldwell, chief spokesman for the Multi-National Force in Iraq, on June 20, 2006).