- Nader Tavakoli, deputy head of the National Coronavirus Combat Taskforce (NCCT) in Tehran: The way it is going, in the coming days, we will see an increase in the number of COVID-19 patients. (ISNA news agency, October 26, 2021)
- Member of the NCCT’s Scientific Committee: There is still a possibility of a sixth COVID-19 outbreak. In some cities, we are seeing an increase in the number of COVID-19 patients. (ISNA, October 26, 2021)
- Kurdistan Medical University: We are witnessing a high number of COVID-19 patients. There are currently 839 COVID-19 patients hospitalized and 87 in ICU.
- Mashhad Medical University: The alarm of the beginning of the sixth Coronavirus outbreak has been sounded in Mashhad. (IRNA news agency, October 26, 2021)
- NCCT offices in Kermanshah Province: We are facing a significant increase in deaths due to COVID-19, and we had 15 deaths due to COVID-19 during the past 24 hours. (ISNA, October 26, 2021)
- In Golestan: With the increase in the number of COVID-19 hospitalized patients, it seems that a new outbreak has emerged in the Province. (State Radio and TV news agency, October 26, 2021)
The People’s Mojahedin Organization of Iran (PMOI/MEK) announced on Tuesday, October 26, 2021, that the COVID-19 death toll in 547 cities had exceeded 464,700. The number of victims in Tehran has reached 108,865, Khorasan Razavi 38,015, Isfahan 31,620, Khuzestan 28,485, West Azerbaijan 17,143, Mazandaran 17,090, Fars 16,960, Gilan 16,210, Alborz 13,703, Qom 12,705, Golestan 10,265, Hamedan 8,678, Kermanshah 8,539, Central Province 8,493, Kurdistan 7,462, and Semnan 6,230.
Secretariat of the National Council of Resistance of Iran (NCRI)
October 26, 2021