- Rouhani: The third wave of the Coronavirus outbreak is on the way, and crossing a dangerous threshold is ahead “similar to the dangers we experienced during the (Iran-Iraq) war.” A lot remains in the dark.
- Director of Public Relations of the Medical Organization: More than 6,000 people from the different fields of the Medical Organization have been infected with Coronavirus at least once in recent months. It is going to be a fierce battle this fall. (IRNA, August 22)
- Chairman of the Health Committee of Tehran City Council: On some days, during the second wave of the outbreak, the death toll in Tehran reached 120. This peak was very horrifying for us. The death toll may increase again after Muharram. (Moj news agency, August 22)
- Alireza Salimi, President of Iran Anesthesiology Association: The number of patients with Coronavirus disease in the medical community is very high and several times the general population. The colleagues in the medical community are exhausted and worn out. (IRNA, August 22)
- Neyshabur University of Medical Sciences: With 106 deaths due to Coronavirus, on August 21, we experienced the highest number of fatalities in these few months. The recurrence of the virus is uncontrollable.
The People’s Mojahedin Organization of Iran (PMOI/MEK) announced on Saturday, August 22, 2020, that the Coronavirus death toll in 394 cities across Iran had passed 92,900. The number of victims in Tehran is 22,615, Khorasan Razavi 6,636, Mazandaran 4,418, Gilan 3,901, Lorestan 3,872, Golestan 2,706, West Azerbaijan 2,595, Hamedan 2,403, North Khorasan 1,474, Kerman 1,458, Semnan 1,173, Bushehr 1,130, Zanjan 884, Qazvin 779.
At the National Coronavirus Combat Taskforce meeting, Today, Rouhani announced that the third wave of Coronavirus was ahead: “Today is something similar to the days of (Iran-Iraq) war. When so many patients gather somewhere, this can be turned into a dangerous border like the war zone.” Rouhani added, “We witnessed the war. If we put aside the protocols, yes, we will have the third wave … A lot remains in the dark.” While the nation is outraged by the regime’s negligence in holding the University Entrance Exams against the advice of all experts, Rouhani brazenly referred to the University Entrance Exams: “These are huge tasks. I don’t believe in any other country they carry such tasks with such compassion and coordination!”
Secretariat of the National Council of Resistance of Iran (NCRI)
August 22, 2020