- Masoud Mardani, member of the Scientific Committee of the National Coronavirus Combat Taskforce (NCCT): We may have to set up a field hospital to accept new patients. At least 200 people die of Coronavirus every day, although the death toll may be much higher. (ISNA news agency, October 5, 2020)
- Regime’s Deputy Health Minister: All hospitals in Tehran are directly and indirectly engaged with Coronavirus patients. The situation in Tehran is not good at all. In recent days, we have experienced a record number of hospitalizations and deaths due to Coronavirus. The death toll will definitely increase. (ISNA, October 5, 2020)
- Association of Infectious Diseases Specialists: It is predicted that the daily mortality rate will reach 600 people and increase to 900 by the last week of November. (State TV, October 3, 2020)
- Masih Daneshvari Hospital: Coronavirus patients occupy all ICU wards in the country. The percentage of deaths among patients in ICU wards are very high. The situation in Tehran is very dire. The virus is getting out of control. (Mehr news agency, October 5, 2020) A hundred and five hospitals in Tehran can admit Coronavirus patients, but they are full to their capacity. (Hamshahri daily, October 4, 2020)
- Kermanshah University of Medical Sciences: Last night, 15 people diagnosed with the Coronavirus died; this is the highest figure since the beginning of the pandemic. There are currently 527 patients admitted to hospital and 93 in ICU, 25 of which are in an acute condition, and are connected to the respiratory intubation. (IRNA, October 5, 2020)
The People’s Mojahedin Organization of Iran (PMOI/MEK) announced on Monday, October 5, 2020, that the Coronavirus death toll in 450 cities had exceeded 116,500. The number of victims in Tehran is 27,591, Khorasan Razavi 8,724, Khuzestan 7,508, Isfahan 5,914, Lorestan 5,188, East Azerbaijan 4,023, Golestan 3,337, Hamedan 3,098, West Azerbaijan 3,042, Semnan 1,731, Yazd 1,566, Qazvin 1,079, Chaharmahal and Bakhtiari 885, and Kohgiluyeh and Boyer-Ahmad 824.
October 5, 2020