- Member of the Supreme Medical Council: According tothe reports from the medical staff and the statistics of those buried, the Coronavirus death toll is 3 to 4 times the officially announced statistics. (Mehr news agency, October 25, 2020)
- Deputy Health Minister: Mortality rate may increase in the coming days and months. More than 50 million are susceptible to the virus. (State TV, October 24, 2020)
- Alireza Zali, head of the National Coronavirus Combat Task Force (NCCT) in Tehran: The Coronavirus death toll in Tehran has reached to a three digits figure, the number of hospitalized patients has exceeded 6,000 and the number of critically ill patients is increasing day by day. This is the highest record in Tehran since the beginning of the Coronavirus epidemic. (Mehr, October 25, 2020)
- Head of a hospital in Tehran: We have never had patients die in the emergency ward. Now some days we have one or two deaths in the emergency room.
- Tehran University of Medical Sciences: 12% of all Coronavirus deaths in Iran occurred in the past two weeks, while this figure is about 6.5% globally, i.e. almost half of it. The Coronavirus death rate in Iran is higher than the rest of the world. (IMNA news agency, October 25, 2020)
The People’s Mojahedin Organization of Iran (PMOI/MEK) announced on Sunday, October 25, 2020, that the Coronavirus fatalities in 460 cities had exceeded 132,700. The number of victims in Tehran is 31,991, Khorasan Razavi 9,922, Khuzestan 8,113, Isfahan 7,222, Mazandaran 5,812, Qom 5,735, Gilan 5,076, East Azerbaijan 4,686, West Azerbaijan 3,841, Golestan 3,686, Alborz 3,678, Hamedan 3570, Fars 3,471, North Khorasan 2,259, Kerman 2,065, Central Province 1,852, Zanjan 1,250, and South Khorasan 1,034.
Secretariat of the National Council of Resistance of Iran (NCRI)
October 25, 2020