At least 8,200 died last week
- In its engineered stats, the regime’s Health Ministry announced a new record of 459 deaths and 5,523 critically ill patients in the past 24 hours, respectively. Both are unprecedented since the spread of the virus to Iran.
- Iraj Harirchi, deputy Health Minister: 6,300 ICU beds have been allocated to COVID-19 patients. (State television, November 7, 2020).
- Member of Tehran’s City Council: We are approaching 200 daily deaths. Regrettably, despite repeated requests, a two-week lockdown of Tehran was not agreed to. An incomplete and weak directive was issued by the Coronavirus Task Force, which is not even being implemented. (Hamshahri daily, November 8, 2020).
- Daneshvari Hospital: Critically ill patients are more than the previous peaks. ICU beds are always full and we are forced to keep the patients whom we hospitalized in the ICU in the past elsewhere. (State Television, November 7, 2020).
- Head of the regime Parliament Education Committee: One-tenth of the victims are from East Azerbaijan Province. (Fars News Agency, November 8, 2020)
- Director of Hospitals’ affairs in Alborz Province: In the past 24 hours, we needed 60 people to transfer to ICU. They were waiting for beds to empty. (State television, November 8, 2020).
The People’s Mojahedin Organization of Iran (PMOI / MEK) announced this afternoon, Sunday, November 8, 2020, that Coronavirus has taken the lives of more than 147,600 people in 462 cities across Iran. The death toll in various provinces include: 35,771 in Tehran, 11,083 in Khorasan Razavi, 8,568 in Khuzestan, 8,264 in Isfahan, 6,215 in Qom, 5,326 in Gilan, 5,282 in East Azerbaijan, 4,489 in West Azerbaijan, 4,080 in Alborz, 3,855 in Hamedan, 3,923 in Fars, 2,640 in Kurdistan, 2,587 in Central, 2,458 in North Khorasan, 2,446 in Yazd, 2,387 in Kerman, 1,618 in Ardebil, 1,730 in Hormozgan, 1,380 in Zanjan, 1,246 in South Khorasan, 1,207 in Ilam, 1,170 in Chaharmahal and Bakhtriai, and 1,049 in Kohgiluyeh and Boyer Ahmad. As such, in the past week, at least 8,200 have lost their lives as the result of the Coronavirus Pandemic.
The Spokesperson for the regime’s Health Ministry announced a new record for the death toll and critically ill patients, putting the number at 459 and 5,523, respectively. Both figures represent a new record since the spread of the virus to Iran.
Secretariat of the National Council of Resistance of Iran (NCRI)
November 8, 2020