- The Health Ministry’s spokesperson announced that the Coronavirus death toll in the past 24 hours is 207, the highest in 52 days.
- Minoo Moharz, member of the National Coronavirus Combat Taskforce (NCCT): We have never seen so many seriously ill patients and so many deaths. The crisis is severe, and some shortcomings make it worse. (ISNA, September 24, 2020)
- Isfahan University of Medical Sciences: 28 people died in the past 24 hours. The number of hospitalizations in the Province is 1330 (except for Kashan, and Aran va Bidgol), 212 of which are admitted to the ICU. (Javan, September 24, 2020)
- Kashan Health Organization: The Beheshti Medical Complex is full, and the medical staff’s fatigue can cause a terrible catastrophe. (ILNA, September 24, 2020)
- Local officials: In the Past 24 hours, 17 people died in East Azerbaijan, 11 in Alborz, and 11 in Qom.
- A state-run news agency: Rouhani and the ministers of education and health believe that the Muharram ceremony and the reopening of schools did not increase infections. However, because of the lack of restrictions in both cases, some provinces have gone beyond red and turned to black (much worse than red). (Moj news agency, September 24, 2020)
The People’s Mojahedin Organization of Iran (PMOI/MEK) announced on September 25, 2020, that the Coronavirus death toll in 444 cities had surpassed 109,300. The number of victims in Khorasan Razavi is 8,102, Khuzestan 7,011, Isfahan 5,364, Lorestan 4,853, Gilan 4,441, East Azerbaijan 3,428, Alborz 3,062, Fars 3,006, Hamedan 2,852, Kermanshah 2,467, North Khorasan 1,939, Kerman 1,714, Hormozgan 1,490, Central Province 1,428, Bushehr 1,345, Ardabil 1,317, Zanjan 1,031, Ilam 909, Chaharmahal and Bakhtiari 836, and Kohgiluyeh and Boyer-Ahmad 787.
According to Moj state news agency, in a letter to the regime’s Interior Minister, Isfahan’s governor wrote: “If we do not come up with a rapid solution for the Province and the authorities of the NCCT are not assigned to the provincial headquarters, an irreparable event may occur. According to the University of Medical Sciences, the Coronavirus epidemic in the Province is currently in the most dangerous situation since the beginning of the outbreak. The daily number of patients has reached more than 1,000. Due to the limited capacity of hospitals, especially with a large number of medical staff (on leave for) contracting the virus, it is feared that with the current trend, the emergency services for other patients and the health section of the Province will face a crisis.”
Secretariat of the National Council of Resistance of Iran
September 25, 2020