• Nader Tavakoli, deputy head of the National Coronavirus Combat Taskforce (NCCT) in Tehran: We are facing an increase in COVID-19 outpatients in Tehran. Hospitalization will increase for the next two weeks. We are afraid of new mutations. (ISNA news agency, May 7, 2021)
• Yazd University of Medical Sciences: The COVID-19 test results of several Indian workers in Yazd are positive and of the California Indian variant. Other people have also been positive with Indian variant infection. (State-run media, Tabnac, May 7, 2021)
• The fourth wave of the COVID-19 outbreak is advancing in Gilan Province, we have 620 COVID-19 patients hospitalized, 100 of whom have been admitted in the past 24 hours. (Tasnim news agency, May 7, 2021)
• Shiraz University of Medical Sciences: 1,879 COVID-19 patients are hospitalized, 295 in ICU, and 24 patients have died in the past 24 hours. (State TV news agency, May 7, 2021)
• Isfahan University of Medical Sciences: Except for Kashan region, 2,104 COVID-19 patients are still hospitalized, 367 of whom in ICU, and 24 patients have died in the past 24 hours. (Mehr news agency, May 7, 2021)
The People’s Mojahedin Organization of Iran (PMOI/MEK) announced on Friday, May 7, 2021, that the Coronavirus death toll in 541 cities had exceeded 280,700. The number of victims in Tehran has reached 64,851, Isfahan 18,445, Khorasan Razavi 17,360, Khuzestan 17,249, Lorestan 11,568, Mazandaran 11,580, East Azerbaijan 11,478, West Azerbaijan 10,443, Gilan 9,701, Fars 8,852, Alborz 7,468, Sistan and Baluchestan 6,451, Hamedan 6,333, Kermanshah 5,614, Semnan 4,930, Yazd 4,842, Hormozgan 3,265, Qazvin 3,259, Bushehr 2,919, Chaharmahal and Bakhtiari 2,300, and Kohgiluyeh and Boyer-Ahmad 2,199.
Secretariat of the National Council of Resistance of Iran (NCRI)
May 7, 2021