- Chairman of the Supreme Council of National Medical Organization: Delays in COVID-19 vaccination have caused us to become a negative role model in the world. (State-run daily, Arman, September 18, 2021)
- Member of the Scientific Committee of the National Coronavirus Combat Taskforce (NCCT): Iran has had one of the highest COVID-19 infection rates in the world in the past two or three months. We have COVID-19 mutations that may be worse than Delta and Lambda variants. (ILNA news agency, September 18, 2021)
- Masih Daneshvari Hospital: We still have many COVID-19 patients in ICU, and mortality will not decrease until this is reduced. (ISNA news agency, September 18, 2021)
- President of Qom Medical University: 750 COVID-19 patients are hospitalized, 208 in ICU. In the past 24 hours, 15 people have died. (IMNA news agency, September 18, 2021)
- West Azerbaijan Medical University: 325 COVID-19 patients are in ICU, and 77 are connected to ventilators. Twenty-seven people have died in the past 24 hours. (Tasnim news agency, September 18, 2021)
The People’s Mojahedin Organization of Iran (PMOI/MEK) announced this afternoon, Saturday, September 18, 2021, that the COVID-19 death toll in 547 cities had passed 429,500. The death toll in Tehran has reached 100,866, Khorasan Razavi 34,725, Isfahan 28,450, Khuzestan 26,316, Mazandaran 16,285, Fars 15,414, East Azerbaijan 15,253, West Azerbaijan 15,178, Gilan 14,945, Lorestan 14,510, Alborz 12,573, Qom 11,825, Kerman 11,307, Golestan 9,835, Central Province 7,898, Kermanshah 7,539, Yazd 7,193, Ardabil 5,430, Bushehr 4,854, and South Khorasan 3,786.
Secretariat of the National Council of Resistance of Iran (NCRI)
September 18, 2021