• While Omicron has spread across the country, the regime’s Health Ministry has preposterously announced that only 34 Omicron cases have been identified so far. (ISNA news agency, December 28, 2021)
• Torbat Heydariyeh Medical University: The possibility of an Omicron outbreak is a severe warning. We may witness unfortunate events. (Moj news agency, December 28, 2021)
• The National Coronavirus Combat Taskforce (NCCT) offices in Alborz Province: A definite case of Omicron infection has been acknowledged. There is a possibility that more cases will be discovered in Alborz. (Mehr news agency, December 28, 2021)
• The NCCT offices in West Azerbaijan: Due to the lack of Omicron testing kits, the first patient’s sample, which was sent to Tehran for the test, was confirmed. (Mehr, December 28, 2021)
• North Khorasan Medical University: 10 to 20% of hospitalized children have contracted COVID-19. (ISNA, December 28, 2021)
The People’s Mojahedin Organization of Iran (PMOI/MEK) announced on Tuesday, December 28, 2021, that the COVID-19 death toll in 547 cities is more than 493,000. In Tehran fatalities have reached 115,310, Khorasan Razavi 39,820, Isfahan 34,055, Khuzestan 29,815, Mazandaran 17,915, Kerman 13,277, Kermanshah 9,209, and Hamedan 9,138.
Secretariat of the National Council of Resistance of Iran (NCRI)
December 28, 2021