- Nader Tavakoli, deputy head of the National Coronavirus Combat Taskforce (NCCT) in Tehran: The COVID-19 is quite active in Tehran. We have about 4,000 COVID-19 inpatients, and the daily hospitalization is between 600 and 900. (ISNA news agency, June 20, 2021)
- Director of Bu Ali Hospital in Zahedan: Most of the hospital beds in the COVID-19 wards and all the ICU beds have been full and the situation is very alarming. (IRNA news agency, June 20, 2021)
- Deputy Governor of Kohgiluyeh and Boyer-Ahmad: The Indian Coronavirus variant is moving in neighboring provinces such as Khuzestan, Hormozgan, Bushehr and Kerman. (IRNA, June 20, 2021)
- Governor of Kerman: Due to election rallies and proximity to Hormozgan, Bushehr and Sistan and Baluchestan, we are witnessing an increase in COVID-19 patients. (Mehr news agency, June 20, 2021)
- Isfahan University of Medical Sciences: 182 COVID-19 patients were admitted in the past 24 hours, but only 146 patients were discharged. (Mehr, June 20, 2021)
The People’s Mojahedin Organization of Iran (PMOI/MEK) announced on Sunday, June 20, 2021, that the Coronavirus death toll in 547 cities across Iran had exceeded 314,900. The number of victims in Tehran has reached 73,826, Isfahan 21,175, Khuzestan 19,851, Khorasan Razavi 19,145, Fars 10,552, Qom 9,795, Golestan 7,515, Sistan and Baluchestan 7,371, Kerman 7,088, North Khorasan 4,478, Hormozgan 4,395, Qazvin 3,629, Zanjan 3,430, and Bushehr 3,329.
Secretariat of the National Council of Resistance of Iran (NCRI)
June 20, 2021