- Director of Lavasani Hospital in Tehran: The actual COVID-19 death toll is twice what the Health Ministry announces. (State-run daily, Salamat news, September 15, 2021)
- Masih Daneshvari Hospital ICU Specialist: The actual number of deaths is four times that of the Health Ministry, which is not unexpected based on the current situation. (State-run media, Jahan-e Sana’t, September 15, 2021)
- Epidemiology of the University of Tehran: Neither the number of COVID-19 deaths nor the number of infections is real. You can also see in the report of the Civil Registration Organization that the number of deaths last year is much higher than the definite deaths announced for Coronavirus. (Jahan-e Sana’t, September 15, 2021)
- Kermanshah Medical University: The number of COVID-19 deaths in the Province reached 20 last night, unprecedented during the new outbreak. (ISNA news agency, September 15, 2021)
- In West Azerbaijan, 2,213 COVID-19 patients are hospitalized, 328 in ICU, and 74 under the ventilator. In the past 24 hours, 28 patients have died with COVID-19. (State Radio and TV news agency, September 15, 2021)
The People’s Mojahedin Organization of Iran (PMOI/MEK) announced on Wednesday, September 15, 2021, that the COVID-19 death toll in 547 cities had passed 424,900. The number of victims in Tehran has reached 99,816, Khorasan Razavi 34,075, Isfahan 28,060, Khuzestan 26,051, Fars 15,249, East Azerbaijan 15,143, West Azerbaijan 14,978, Gilan 14,780, Lorestan 14,425, Alborz 12,423, Sistan and Baluchestan 12,215, Qom 11,720, Kerman 11,162, Hamedan 8,073, Central Province 7,828, Kermanshah 7,474, Kurdistan 6,662, Semnan 5,960, North Khorasan 5,514, Ardabil 5,380, and South Khorasan 3,756.
Secretariat of the National Council of Resistance of Iran (NCRI)
September 15, 2021