NCCT’s spokesperson: Maximum hospitalization in the third COVID-19 outbreak was 23,000. Today it is 43,000 and will grow to 60,000
• The regime Health Ministry put the COVID-19 death toll in the past 24 hours at 405, the highest in the last 140 days, and the critically ill patients at 4,766, which is the highest number in the previous 100 days.
• Alireza Reisi, the spokesperson for the National Coronavirus Combat Taskforce (NCCT): We have not reached the peak of the fourth COVID-19 outbreak yet. We are still in the upward trend of the outbreak, the end of which is not known, and the situation will remain red for now. (IRNA news agency, April 18, 2021)
• Secretary of the Coronavirus Taskforce in the regime’s parliamentary Health Committee: Nearly 600 people die from COVID-19 every day. (State TV, April 17, 2021)
• Nader Tavakoli, deputy chair of the NCCT: 8,000 COVID-19 patients are hospitalized, 1,400 are hospitalized, and 100 die daily in Tehran Province. (Afkar News, April 18, 2021)
• The Chairman of Tehran City Council: The COVID-19 death toll in Tehran has reached more than 130 daily and is increasing. (IRNA, April 18, 2021)
• Masih Daneshvari Hospital: Hospital beds are full; the number of COVID-19 outpatients has increased five-fold compared to last month. (Aftab News, April 18, 2021)
The People’s Mojahedin Organization of Iran (PMOI/MEK) announced on Sunday, April 18, 2021, that the COVID-19 death toll in 539 cities across Iran had passed 256,500. The number of victims in Tehran has reached 58,641, Isfahan 16,745, Khorasan Razavi 16,385, Khuzestan 15,474, Mazandaran 10,845, Lorestan 10,813, East Azerbaijan 10,513, West Azerbaijan 9,653, Gilan 8,991, Fars 7,597, Golestan 6,575, Alborz 6,468, Sistan and Baluchestan 5,826, Kerman 5,754, Hamedan 5,763, Central Province 5,308, Kermanshah 5,134, Semnan 4,535, Kurdistan 4,462, Qazvin 2,939, Hormozgan 2,925, Zanjan 2,805, Ilam 2,646, and Bushehr 2,619.
Secretariat of the National Council of Resistance of Iran (NCRI)
April 18, 2021