The file on terrorism and crime against humanity continuing relentlessly by Iran’s rulers must remain open until justice is done
International arrest warrants must be issued for the perpetrators and assassins, including Ali Khamenei, Ali Akbar Velayati and Hassan Rouhani
On Monday, June 8, 2020, the Secretariat of the National Council of Resistance of Iran received a copy of the letter by the Prosecutor for Vaud Province in Switzerland concerning the “future closure” – because of the statute of limitation – of the file on the assassination of Prof. Kazem Rajavi, the Representative in Switzerland of the National Council of Resistance of Iran (NCRI), and post-revolution Iran’s first Ambassador to the United Nations European Headquarters in Geneva. According to the letter, the file on 14 of the murderers, named below, will be closed on June 17, 2020:
1. Samadi, Yadollah, born in 1957 in Tehran, Iranian national, son of Assadollah;
2. Sajadian, Mahmoud, born in 1958 in Tehran, Iranian national, son of Hardohnan (Haroun);
3. Rezvani, Mohammad Said, born in 1966 or 1956 in Tehran, Iranian national, son of Taghi;
4. Pourshafiee, Mohsen, born in 1947 in Tehran, Iranian national, son of Abbas;
5. Pourmirzai, Nasser, born in 1956 in Tehran, Iranian national, son of Nouratollah (Nourollah);
6. Moslehiaraghi, Ali, born in 1947, Iranian national;
7. Kamali, Ali, born in 1956 in Isfahan, Iranian national, son of Bahman;
8. Jazaeri, Mohammad Reza, born in 1958 in Qom, Iranian national, son of Mohammad Kazem;
9. Hemmati Said, born in 1948 in Tehran, Iranian national, son of Mohammad;
10. Haadavi Ali, born in 1957 in Gorgan, Iranian national, son of Mirza;
11. Fallahijan (Fallahian), Ali, born in 1949 in Najafabad, Iranian national;
12. Danesh, Said, born in 1956 in Tehran, Iranian national, son of Mohammad Reza;
13. Bayani Hamadani, Ali Reza, born in 1959 in Tehran, Iranian national, son of Ebrahim;
14. Babaee, Sadegh, born in 1958 in Tehran, Iranian national, son of Settollah (Sa’dollah)
The Prosecutor had declared that consistent with Swiss law, this decision “cannot be appealed (Article 319 of item 3CPP). Of course, the Prosecutor has refrained from mentioning the names of the Iranian regime’s Supreme Leader Ali Khamenei, then-Foreign Minister Ali Akbar Velayati, and Hassan Rouhani, then-Secretary of the Supreme National Security Council, who commissioned and ordered the assassination.
The Iranian Resistance strongly protests and condemns the closure of the file on the assassination of Prof. Kazem Rajavi. It considers this decision an abject political deal similar to facilitating two of the arrested killers in France on December 21, 1993, escape justice. Terrorism and crime against humanity perpetrated relentlessly by the religious fascism ruling Iran cannot be subject to the statute of limitations. Seven bloodbaths and massacres against the People’s Mojahedin Organization of Iran (PMOI / MEK) in camps Ashraf and Liberty (in Iraq), the arrest of the terrorist Assadollah Assadi who planned to bomb the grand gathering of Iranians on June 30, 2018, in France, and the expulsion of the regime’s ambassador and diplomat terrorists from Albania all attest to this reality.
Invoking the statute of limitations regarding the file on the murder of Prof. Kazem Rajavi, a by-product of much delay and postponement amounts to nothing but preventing justice from being served and appeasing the mullahs and their unbridled terrorism. But the Iranian people will neither forgive nor forget.
The Iranian Resistance demands emphatically that the Swiss Government and Judiciary keep open Prof. Rajavi’s file. International arrest warrants must be issued for those who ordered and perpetrated this terrorist murder. Justice must be carried out.
Secretariat of the National Council of Resistance of Iran
June 8, 2020