• Nader Tavakoli, deputy head of Tehran’s National Coronavirus Combat Taskforce (NCCT): In Tehran, Coronavirus outpatients have increased from less than 2,000 to 3,500 daily, and the seventh outbreak is expected for the last week of April. (ISNA news agency, April 8, 2022)
• Ilam Medical University: The trend of COVID-19 patients in the Province is upward. Ilam has the lowest number of COVID-19 patients. (Tasnim news agency, April 8, 2022)
• The number of daily COVID-19 hospitalizations in Gilan hospitals has increased four-fold. (IRNA news agency, April 8, 2022)
• Mashhad Medical University: In Neyshabur, the number of COVID-19 patients has more than doubled. (State Radio and TV news agency, April 7, 2022)
• Yazd Medical University: The number of COVID-19 hospitalizations has increased compared to yesterday, and the cities of Mehriz, Taft, Abarkooh, Khatam and Marvast are red, and other cities are yellow. (State Radio and TV news agency, April 8, 2022)
The People’s Mojahedin Organization announced on Friday, April 8, 2022, that the Coronavirus death toll in 547 cities has exceeded 530,000. The death toll in Tehran has reached 124,775, Khorasan Razavi 42,175, Isfahan 36,930, Khuzestan 31,860, Fars 20,425, West Azerbaijan 20,078, Mazandaran 18,810, East Azerbaijan 18,478, Gilan 18,155, Lorestan 17,140, Alborz 15,583, Kerman 14,542, Sistan and Baluchestan 14,495, Qom 14,055, Golestan 11,335, Kermanshah 9,879, Hamedan 9,873, Central Province 9,573, Hormozgan 8,745, Yazd 8,703, Kurdistan 8,647, Ardabil 6,861, North Khorasan 6,838, Qazvin 6,338, Ilam 5,053, Zanjan 5,050, South Khorasan 4,796, and Kohgiluyeh and Boyer-Ahmad 3,984.
Secretariat of the National Council of Resistance of Iran (NCRI)
April 8, 2022