- Saeed Namaki, regime’s Health Minister: I was always worried about a frightening COVID-19 outbreak in the month of Esfand (the final month of the Iranian calendar beginning February 19). I wrote frequent confidential and non-confidential letters (to Rouhani) warning that we would face a COVID-19 storm, and this has now happened. Today, the virus has spread across the entire country.
- Alireza Zali, head of the National Coronavirus Combat Taskforce (NCCT) in Tehran: Today, we are on the verge of forming a COVID-19 outbreak, which is the advent of the mutated virus.
- Alireza Reisi, NCCT’s spokesperson: 112 patients have been infected with the mutated COVID-19 in the country, of whom eight have died.
- Secretary of Ahvaz Health Council: If there was a black color in defining the COVID-19 state, we could say that Ahvaz has reached the black status’s verge.
- Tabriz University of Medical Sciences: The daily peak of Coronavirus death toll and hospitalizations in the Province had reached 80 and 1,800, respectively.
- Mazandaran University of Medical Sciences: 2,400 hospitalized patients had died of Coronavirus during the past year.
The People’s Mojahedin Organization of Iran (PMOI/MEK) announced on February 24, 2021, that the Coronavirus death toll in 486 cities had surpassed 220,800. The number of victims in Tehran is 52,546, Isfahan 14,240, Khuzestan 11,360, Mazandaran 9,327, Lorestan 9,113, Qom 8,325, East Azerbaijan 8,303, West Azerbaijan 8,228, Fars 6,617, Kerman 4,894, Kermanshah 4,499, Yazd 4,057, Kurdistan 3,822, Ardabil 2,752, Qazvin 2,484, Hormozgan 2,390, South Khorasan 2,136, Chaharmahal and Bakhtiari 1,780, and Kohgiluyeh and Boyer-Ahmad 1,659.
Secretariat of the National Council of Resistance of Iran (NCRI)
February 24, 2021